Under $20.00 DIY Super Clutch Build using 80% Stock Parts - Full Build Video!

GoldenMotor.com

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
I built a super cheap easy to make super clutch for all you DIY types out there! Just some fun stuff along way I learned and such I figured I pass on! Fun project!

Put a protective cover over the screws. A plate, spacing sleeves and longer casing screws is all you'd need.

Old school way of doing things, someone comes up with an idea, then another spots a way to improve performance/efficiency and/or make it safer and/or cheaper.

There is no I in team.

Cool Idea

Last edited:

user54508

Feb 3, 2021
Put a protective cover over the screws. A plate, spacing sleeves and longer casing screws is all you'd need.

Old school way of doing things, someone comes up with an idea, then another spots a way to improve performance/efficiency and/or make it safer and/or cheaper.

There is no I in team.

Cool Idea
Considering there is Zero Diy videos that actually show a working DIY super clutch build most can do. I would Say I does apply to is fully cause I figured it out and did it from my own ideas not the google search results.. Wait what's this! . oh yeah there is non when you look it up LOL! No place online using a stock clutch plate to make a diy clutch like that that gets past the nut shaft issues they all get brick walled at!

ajoh

Mar 21, 2014
australia
way to much jumping around begging for subs, theatrics etc, just get on with making the clutch an the video FFS, makes your video not worth watching when you fill it full of junk ..........

Reactions: wrench

user54508

Feb 3, 2021
way to much jumping around begging for subs, theatrics etc, just get on with making the clutch an the video FFS, makes your video not worth watching when you fill it full of junk ..........
Then dont watch it then. Not really asking for your opinion to start with. But I'll file it in my special place for special people like you. If you can't grasp it all explains the process then you probably can't mentally handle the project to start with. Sigh... I'll pray for you!

Last edited:

ajoh

Mar 21, 2014
australia
Then dont watch it then. Not really asking for your opinion to start with. But I'll file it in my special place for special people like you. If you can't grasp it all explains the process then you probably can't mentally handle the project to start with. Sigh... I'll pray for you!
lol has nothing to do with not being able to grasp your simple little project an everything to do with all the other garbage you filled it with, it's any wonder people are asking why you didn't have a cover over those 3 bolts. because so many of us gave up watching because of the BS garbage theatrics you filled it with, you kids will be kids tho...... :rolleyes:

mapbike1

Aug 27, 2010
Texas
Considering there is Zero Diy videos that actually show a working DIY super clutch build most can do. I would Say I does apply to is fully cause I figured it out and did it from my own ideas not the google search results.. Wait what's this! . oh yeah there is non when you look it up LOL! No place online using a stock clutch plate to make a diy clutch like that that gets past the nut shaft issues they all get brick walled at!

thank you for sharing.... nice looking set up.

Reactions: Sidewinder Jerry

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
lol has nothing to do with not being able to grasp your simple little project an everything to do with all the other garbage you filled it with, it's any wonder people are asking why you didn't have a cover over those 3 bolts. because so many of us gave up watching because of the BS garbage theatrics you filled it with, you kids will be kids tho...... :rolleyes:
Have you watched some of these other motorized bicycle DIY projects? My homeboy did a pretty good job for the most part. My only real criticism would be it was incomplete in that the video doesn't show how to design the cover he latter displayed in this thread. A cover isn't in the video at all. Which makes it an incomplete project.

user54508

Feb 3, 2021
Have you watched some of these other motorized bicycle DIY projects? My homeboy did a pretty good job for the most part. My only real criticism would be it was incomplete in that the video doesn't show how to design the cover he latter displayed in this thread. A cover isn't in the video at all. Which makes it an incomplete project.
well for the cover i made you first need 2,000$ 3d printer that can color change filaments mid print lol! Most people just use stand offs from engine cover with hole in it and put plate in front of the bolts or leave it open period. Honestly after putting this on the build it went on. Not going to even bother with and cover since pants don't even come close to the thing!

user54508

Feb 3, 2021
Still working on the bike should be done few days! Then gotta take break from bikes for few weeks. I have a Rotary turbo engine sitting here that is going on my super cart since the race track here is opening up again after all covid crap! Still got to tune all EFi on that thing so it's ready for opening day!

No chain tensioner how to:

Custom Gas Cap For Felt Faker:

Vintage 8 piece bar setup:

Custom made stem for my forks to bars I want to use:

Reactions: Sidewinder Jerry