UK Board Racer Build

GoldenMotor.com

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
Should point out that simply turning your bike's cylinder head through 180 degrees, so the spark plug faces forwards, will quickly solve your plug clearance issue. Easy fix.
Yeah, your chain/tyre clearance looks tight in the pic you posted - but you might just get away with adjusting your sprocket adapter to get the extra few millimeters clearance needed.
I'm in the UK too. I sourced sprocket adapters for my three builds from overseas (2 from Miami, US, and one from China eBay) and I was lucky enough to avoid getting stung for import duty on all three. Import duty is a bit of a lottery...

davla

Oct 22, 2018
I fitted a set of Schwalbe Big Ben tyres today and really didn't like them as they just weren't chunky enough, so I re-fitted the Fat Franks and 'adjusted' the coaster brake arm to give more sideways movement on the rear sprocket and the chain now clears the tyre. If need be I'll put a spacer on the front sprocket to move it out to keep the chain aligned.

Onto the next problem....I bought what I thought was a Champion equivalent spark plug to the Chinese one supplied but the thread is longer, is this OK, if not what plug do I need? I want to stick to a Champion btw

IMG_7753.jpg

Reactions: indian22

davla

Oct 22, 2018
I cut the covering off a new throttle and slid one that matched the other side on. Warm water to make it pliable and a good dash of dish soap to get it on. Soap will dry and the new cover won't move.

Steve.
Cheers Steve, just a word of warning about using soap, I used to use it on bike grips as a kid and when it rains they can slide off. I tend to just immerse grips in really hot water these day or use tyre lube if anything. Dave

davla

Oct 22, 2018
Getting there...laid back seat post manufactured and fitted (excuse the bad picture but it was getting dark). I'm going to cut about an inch off the seat tube on the frame to get the seat position lower. Nearly ready for stripping down and powder coating the frame.
IMG_3060 2.JPG

davla

Oct 22, 2018
Ok, so I still haven't got around to finishing this but have got most of it sorted. I have a problem though, the fuel cap that came with the tank won't fit as the thread obviously isn't right. I'd quite like to fit a monza style flip fuel cap, has anyone got any idea where I could get one that would clamp onto the fuel tank neck? Or another solution for a fuel cap that will fit? Just a reminder, I'm in the UK