Trying to set up new brakes and need some help.

GoldenMotor.com

Padraic90

Jul 1, 2022
Hey everyone, so my bike currently has a v brake set up on the front wheel and I would like to change it to this caliper style brake as i think a vbrake is a lil on the jenky said lol. I was reading up a Lil about it and I think it said something about having to have a certain style lever with it along with a different brake cable, so I just want to be sure what is I need to do or have in order to run these brakes, that is if it's possible. Thanks everyone, I appreciate all advice and knowledge in advance as I'm still learningratm. THANKS- Chris

Attachments

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Hey everyone, so my bike currently has a v brake set up on the front wheel and I would like to change it to this caliper style brake as i think a vbrake is a lil on the jenky said lol. I was reading up a Lil about it and I think it said something about having to have a certain style lever with it along with a different brake cable, so I just want to be sure what is I need to do or have in order to run these brakes, that is if it's possible. Thanks everyone, I appreciate all advice and knowledge in advance as I'm still learningratm. THANKS- Chris

Attachments

Padraic90

Jul 1, 2022
Thanks for that info Jerry, really appreciate it. It turns out I'll be going with some v brakes than. Does the brake system have to all be the same brand or nah. also im looking to replace my brake system what all do i need to make sure i have in order to complete this project..new brake cable, new brake lever etc ?, thanks again everyone - Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: Sidewinder Jerry

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Thanks for that info Jerry, really appreciate it. It turns out I'll be going with some v brakes than. Does the brake system have to all be the same brand or nah. also im looking to replace my brake system what all do i need to make sure i have in order to complete this project..new brake cable, new brake lever etc ?, thanks again everyone - Chris
Go to a reputable bicycle shop. They should be able to get you the components that'll best work with your bike.