Tries but won’t start. need help!

GoldenMotor.com

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
haven't seen a pull start lately, but they used to break all the time - also they don't fit on most bikes unless you get a wider pedal crank

a good, center stand would let you get back wheel in air for easier starting, but it needs to be really solid

Nnn

Mar 15, 2018
It’s been awhile and my bike is running in fairly good shape. I have a few questions about breaking in. I’ve heard so many different break in processes like 16 to 1 for 300 miles than 20 to 1. I have also heard 32 to 1 but honestly am not sure who to believe. So far I’m running 16 to 1 and have 100km or 60 miles on the engine and I have gone through a tank and a half or gas.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
yeah, that should be enough if it seems to run well - on many of the new motors that have an aggressive hone on the cylinder, I only run one quart of 16:1 before going to 32:1

Nnn

Mar 15, 2018
I would also like to ask what the best replacement spark plug is on these kits. I near the ngk b5 and b6hs are good. I’ve even hear the autolite 216. Once again I’m not sure of the best one.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
NGK is good, but if motor is running properly, it would be very difficult to see any change from using a different plug - when a plug makes a difference, it is usually because it is correcting some small fault elsewhere in the tuning

Nnn

Mar 15, 2018
I believe there is a fault in my bike because starting today my bike won't start again. When I try to start it after releasing the clutch the engine will start but no matter what I do it will eventually die out after 3 seconds. I tried a couple plugs but the same result. It is also like 40 degrees Celsius and very humid if that changes anything.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
if you just mixed new fuel, be sure it is right and nothing fell in tank to block line.

Nnn

Mar 15, 2018
What do you mean by make sure it's right like the right mixture. And fuel does seem to be moving slow along the fuel lines so I'll check the peacock filter.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
often after a change is made a new problem is due to something that happened during the change - maybe a wire is pulled loose or pinched or a glob of unmixed oil in carb

Nnn

Mar 15, 2018
Well this us my process. First I put 750ml of 16:1 in the gas tank. Then I when u decided I wanted 32:1 I just put another 750ml of stright gas in the tank and tried to start it. I put the choke up and tried to start it for awhile and couldn't get a consistent start. I then put it to half it just stuttered like it gave power for a second then stopped but it wasn't a bog and then no choke it started for 3 seconds and just cut out.

Nnn

Mar 15, 2018
There was also a lot of oil dripping out of the exhaust so is it possible the engine flooded from to many attempts with full choke?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
well, you should have drained tank into a can, then added gas and shook it, but since the 16:1 was already mixed it should be OK

perhaps it is now flooded especially if petcock was on while you were working on it - if flooded, you should have seem a lot of smoke in exhaust when it ran

Nnn

Mar 15, 2018
I can confirm the engine is not flooded. What happens is the engine for some reason needs a very high pedal speed to start like 20 mph. Once I get to 20mph and release the clutch the thing will start and stutter but once the speed slows down to like 15mph it will die. If I pull the clutch and rev it up it will eventually die out. This engine has always been like this, needing a high pedal speed to start, but now it is just worse and the speed is way to high for a bike.

Nnn

Mar 15, 2018
No but that makes sense now because when u push my engine to move the piston 1 revolution I hear a tiny bit if air coming out of the head. When I removed the head I can clearly see the head is warped. That would also be why I gave to tighten my head bolts for no oil to lean out the head. Now i have to sand down the head