Topped out at 30mph what to do now

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by Knuckledragger, Oct 10, 2014.

1. nelsonk1969

nelsonk1969 New Member

If you have gone through the break in procedure properly and all the basics have checked out including the scheduled maintenance you might check out this company as they may have some coatings for your motor that may help where you need it. before you discount it I recommend reading everything this company has to say about two stoke motors even if you decide going a different route the information they have may give you ideas that you may have overlooked.

#21 nelsonk1969, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  2. Knuckledragger

Knuckledragger New Member

I am using Bel-Ray full syn. Raceing oil and proper 8oz to 1 gal. It's still breaking in. As to the post before this one ( what are you talking about??) your post makes no sense at all!!!
    Here is the new RM85 expansion chamber I just put on and what a difference it made. It pulls like a raped apes as they say. And on the top end I gained 15+ mph!!! It seems to get a little faster every time I ride her.dnut

Attached Files:

3. KCvale

KCvale Active Member

There's your problem, too much oil and the wrong kind.

Save your synthetic racing oil until after break in and run it 32:1 (4oz 1/2cup).
    Get some cheap low ash non-synthetic 2-stroke oil for break in and run it 25:1 (5.12oz 2/3cup) for break in so your rings will seat.

4. Knuckledragger

Thanks for the advice KCvale! And everyone else

5. allen standley

You from Milford Maine?

6. Knuckledragger

Milford Connecticut