Took my bloody head off

GoldenMotor.com

Skyliner70cc

Mar 8, 2008
Carbon build up is your friend. It increased engine compression :) and our engines could use a bit more.

It looks good. I'd flip the headgasket if you intend to reuse it; I often do.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
spary the head gasket with cheap aluminum spray paint it will help to seal the head gasket coat both side how thick is up to you install it wet or dry the small aluminum particles will squish into the voids. It will clean off with B-12 carb cleaner if you need to clean it off.

crazeehorse

May 21, 2008
i took my head off, there was no gasket? should'nt there be a gasket between the head, & the cylinder/ jug ? i promptly made one from some hi-temp gasket material from napa. but i did'nt see one in your pics. did yours have a gasket? i have been runing without one for 3 months!

crazeehorse

May 21, 2008
yes, i knew all engines i have ever seen had a head gasket. it must have had a fairly tight seal. i have been pulling a trailer 12 miles round trip hauling 1 apx.80 lbs of weight coming back the last 6 miles. my next trip will be monday, maybe i will have a tad more compression, which will = mo power. anyway, the important thing is, everything looked good, & now i have a head gasket, so i guess it's all good.