Toasted engine!

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by Venice Motor Bikes, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Drewd

Drewd New Member

I had that happen once when I lost a ring retaining pin. I now JB weld those pins if I can remove then with a pair of pliers.

2. stuartracing

stuartracing New Member

Spray some aluminum paint in the engine to fill in the scratch`s in the cyl.....Plus jb welding the ring together and you should be set.....lol.....

3. exavid

exavid New Member

I haven't had the cylinder off my Skyhawk 49cc mill, do these things have pinned rings? It looks like your ring might have turned on the piston, most two strokes I've been around have a pin in the groove to prevent the ends of the rings from getting caught in the intake or exhaust ports.

4. stuartracing

stuartracing New Member

Yes they are.....And I`ve almost messed up my self by miss aligning the rings....Might be what happened....

5. Outrunner

Outrunner New Member

That's pretty funny Pablo, I like that!

6. Venice Motor Bikes

Venice Motor Bikes Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

Just so everyone knows... I've never once taken the head off the engine in the 2.5 years that it's been on the bike.
    It could've been the ring pin, who knows? I think the old man just couldn't take the extra high revs... :rolleyes:

7. exavid

exavid New Member

Pretty difficult to say but I'd bet the staking pin came loose. Can you get the piston out of the bore if you punch the ring end back in?