TN Question regarding my suspended license

GoldenMotor.com

shadix20555

Mar 11, 2016
tn
hey yall, my question is for my motorized bicycle. my drivers license is suspended and im 29 years old. my license was suspended in ga for insurance reasons but here in tn I don't have my license yet but just a TN id. my bicycle doesn't even fully hit 30mph which I read online that's what it takes to be considered a "moped". Am I in the GREEN to go ahead and go to work? its only like 6 miles to my job and this would be awesome to know that im legal while doing it. Thanks to all I will update my profile asap thank you

leo

Jul 20, 2015
southern wv
ask your local police chief or sheriff.
since they are the ones who would cite you, they are the ones you want to get a yes or no from.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
ask your local police chief or sheriff.
since they are the ones who would cite you, they are the ones you want to get a yes or no from.
Good (best) advice. All you're going to get is opinions from others here, especially if they don't live in your city. Ask your local law enforcement folks what they'll allow and what might get you into trouble. In spite of what some state laws say it is the locals who call the shots.

More advice: Keep your engine muffled, don't exceed speed limits and ride responsibly. Those things will keep you below the radar for the most part.
Not asking why your license is suspended but if it was for alcohol, don't expect any different reaction from the police if you're stopped on a bike and DUI.

Tom

shadix20555

Mar 11, 2016
tn
Thank you guys for the info. My license was suspended due to no insurance. yall are right, the locals probably run the show which in this town they do haha. Ive had an officer pass me twice same cop and nothing happened yet. Kids roll around on 4 wheelers three wheelers dirtbikes alll the time here. Im just trying to get to and from work')r.ly.