Tire wont turn!!help me plz!!!

GoldenMotor.com

caveman6996

Aug 3, 2016
CRAWLEY,WV
I have a 80cc/66cc Silver Slant. Ive only had it for about 4-5 days, and I finally just got it installed considering I work 6-7days a week. It hasnt been started yet because the back tire is "locked up"(not spinning at all) the tire at first spun literally only half a rotation. Now it won't spin at all, not even with the clutch handle pulled in or with the spark plug taken out!! And it's kinda upsetting considering its my only transportation to work!! any thoughts or ideas what it could/might be?? Please someone help me!!

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
I know you said you pulled clutch lever at handlebars..get ahold of the clutch lever on the motor and manually move it at same time roll the bike forward.

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Based on the minimal info; I'm imagining loose chain that bound-up under the clutch-arm cover. Remove that and let us know.

caveman6996

Aug 3, 2016
CRAWLEY,WV
Thank you!! That solved that problem. Now my spark plug isn't getting any spark!! If its not one thing it's another, Anyways what part do i need to replace if any?? Is there anything i can do to not replace anything? Everything is greatly appreciated everyone!!

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Left side forward cover. Remove the 4 screws and pull the cover. Check to see if shaft key in the rotating magnet is in place and not sheared. Easy observation. If O.K. replace cover. Dble check wires from motor to the little black sparker box (cdi).. Be sure Blk to Blk and Blu to Blu. Cut and cap white if you have this 3rd wire coming out of motor. White wire is chinas bad idea to supply 6V out. Don't Use It! It draws power from the ignition system. If all good, look at the Kill Switch - Wire color from switch matters not to the blues and blacks. The kill switch acts a a short circuit touching off blue and black together. Test your kill switch by not hooking it up. Check for spark. Do this and get back. Be patient we'll walk you through it

Last edited:

caveman6996

Aug 3, 2016
CRAWLEY,WV
So I took off the cover and checked the shaft key, all is ok in there. I dbl checked all wires and all are hooked up correctly..I disconnected the kill switch and still nothing!?!? Any other suggestions?

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Plug wire? Check at spark plug end be sure it snaps on and off securely. Look at the opposite end where it is turned into the cdi. What could have happened/changed to prevent a spark now? Considering, you did have spark at one time. Right?

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Hmmmm. Pull the plug from motor. gap the plug at .25 reconnect the plug wire and securely hold the base of the plug to the engine head. While your holding and watching closely for spark
Get a helper to lift the bike wheel off the floor and with clutch released spin the wheel forward rotation. We must confirm again a no spark condition.

Last edited:

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
No spark? Make sure the black and blue wires are properly attached to the CDI. Also remove the kill-switch wires to assure they're not contributing a short.

Have a look at this advice I'd given recently.

http://motorbicycling.com/showpost.php?p=641933&postcount=7
Yes! Very good Kioshk. Thanks!. I advise next to the O.P. to remove the 4 screws left side forward cover again! Remove the 4 screws holding the horse shoe shaped Armature - then with sand paper, sand the varnish off the backside of the armature and scuff the block where it contacts to insure good grounding. Re-assemble all - Try for spark again. What do you say?
If still no spark the O.P. may have to consider either a faulty armature (90% likely) or faulty cdi (10% likely) Any body else please.