Throttle help

GoldenMotor.com

Padraic90

Jul 1, 2022
Hey so I have an issue with my throttle where it doesnt engage and catch the trannsmission until its held down like a 1/4 of what it can be turned so it doesn't engage right away. Is this normal or no? This is my 1st motorized bicycle so still trying to learn everything Thanks - Chris

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Wevil Kenevil

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome to the forum, a centrifugal clutch does require engine rpm to start pulling, Im not a four stroke builder but have built go carts. Maybe someone will jump in to help.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
As Greg mentioned, a centrifugal clutch does require some RPMs before it will engage.
Almost all motorized bicycles require the rider to pedal the bike to help the engine up to cruising speed.

One thing you can do, is to remove the air filter (with the engine turned OFF) & look down the throat of the carb to see if the twist throttle is opening the carb all the way.... if it isn't?, adjust the slack out of the cable.

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Depending on which clutch you have there are options to lower or raise the engagement rpm... I'm not a 4stroke guy but have done this with snowmobile clutches... A post specific to the setup your running might draw someone who has experience with that kit

Attachments