throttle control

GoldenMotor.com

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
I purchased a boy go fast motor kit and happy with what I saw , however the twist throttle had this little brass piece inside the cap where you hook up your cable . my first kit did not have this and I tried to pull this piece out to mount the darn thing , but it would not come out. so I ended up using a brake lever instad of the twist throttle (its what I currently using on my first ride) it almost seems to me they want you to drill a small hole in your handlebar to mount it! has anyone else run into this problem?

Spunout

MB Builder Extraordinaire
Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com
i'm not familiar with that brand of kit. some people will say file that piece down. i have had some with not brass, but a plastic nub. i drilled a hole in the bars, put the nub in, and a week later the nub broke off. almost ate sh!t in middle of the street.
now, when i see that kind, i grind the nub off completely, and drill a hole thhr throttle clamp and bars...throw in a set-screw. will never move.

mike373

Jun 16, 2008
I heated the brass nub up with a lighter, and pulled it right out with pliers while the plastic was still hot. Piece'o cake.

Mike

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
I have found that those little pins break off also. What I do is wrap a six inch piece of tape around the bar where the throttle tightens down. Seems to work for me...it keeps the handle from spinning.