Throttle cable pops out

GoldenMotor.com

Mirendor

Mar 25, 2016
Virginia
Hi guys I am at the stage where i am installing the cable to the carb. I pull the spring and attach the clip to cable it seems the cable is short and it pulls out of the clip in the carb when i turn the trottle to open. Not sure if it is a mechanical issue or a human failure. I need a little help guys. ty

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
I think you have the parts in the wrong order. Here's a photo to help. There is no clip to hold the the end of the carb cable. It anchors in the slide itself.The cable goes all the way down to the bottom of the slide along the outside and then passes through the full length slot. Let us know if you're still having trouble getting it together.

Attachments

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I remember it took me awhile to figure the carb cable out. But that was back when there was no info available you just had to figure it out. There should be plenty of info on the carbs here if you look so do some research and you will get it.

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
I've had that happen before. Sometimes they don't blob enough lead on the end, and it does pull through the slide. I just heat up the soldering iron and add some more lead at the end.

Or it's possible you do have it together wrong.