This sucks.

GoldenMotor.com

gill vanderwerf

Sep 9, 2019
well first i had to return my bike because it was damaged, got new bike was perfect mounted the motor and did the 5 min warm up cooldown and took it for a ride.....started to hear a knocking noice and saw oil coming out the top between the cylinder and the head ....turns out one of those long rods that is screwed in to motor that holds cylinder in place is stripped so that's why its pushing oil out of it its only tight with 3 bolts...

Attachments

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
If you have a tap and die set you can remove the stud and re-thread it with a smaller die till a new stud is delivered.

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Now hold on a sec Gil, You are not out of your league, you are on an adventure. You know what you gotta do. Ask yourself -Is there anyone in my immediate world who may have and can help me get this re-tapped? Mech. Friend, reletive, someone @ work? Just another hurdle to jump... You gotta do it though. Greg58 myself and many others will help you along. Consider a new head Gasket. Focus. Keep us posted.

Reactions: Jimmy Bloodmaker

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Gill it should be fairly easy to to get the stud out, remove the remaining three nuts, head and gasket. Now use vise grips or pliers to screw the stud out, grip the stud below the thread area. Take it to someone you know that has a shop, any shop that does general repairs can thread it.

gill vanderwerf

Sep 9, 2019
well seller sending me a new motor had no problem exchanging it. i did have a 49 cc but now i am getting a 66 cc the 49 cc had a lot of trouble even getting up a hill hope that will be better now with the 66 cc. i was told with a beach cruiser with 49 cc was to small because of the weight of the bike is that true and can someone explain that to me. and was that the reason i could not even get up a hill? granted the motor was brand new.

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
I think you got a bad one that's all. There are an equal # of dogs and good ones that's my opinion. Greg runs the 49s, he claims they can run just as well as the 66/80s. I for one believe him.
i was told with a beach cruiser with 49 cc was to small because of the weight
Nah that's not true. Also a good motor will run better after a couple hundred miles which is why you should not do any mods to it til it has a couple tanks of fuel through it. I'm glad you will have a new beginning.
Keep us posted.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Allen is right, I have both engines but like the 48 better because it is so well balanced. All of the videos I’ve done are on the 48cc. I have done a few mods that help, it tops out at 33mph.