Things you will want to up grade on your bike project

GoldenMotor.com

Denis Zen

Mar 30, 2021
Riding up highway 101 at sunset
Hey everyone, I just want to thank you all for sharing your knowledge and ideas. For together we are stronger...

These are not absolutely needed but they will definitely make your life a lot less complicated to some degree or another and easier.

#1. the chain tensioner and anti bucking clip/shim and half link.

I would highly suggest these next to the hub mounted gear mount.

I use both the stock chain tensioner and the case cover mounted after market spring loaded tensioner. The spring loaded one to take up the slack and the stock one more or less is a guide. This takes the pressure off one and more evenly distributes the pressure applied to the chain and helps to keep things more aligned. $15.00

Next is the anti bucking shim that mounts on the inside of the motor housing. Very helpful along with filing down the hard edges on the drive gear itself. This keeps the chain from wanting to climb off and become stuck. $8.00

The half link helps to alleviate the problem of the chain being a smidge too long or too Short. $4.00

#2. The hub mounted gear mount is a god send. It takes all the pressure off the spokes and puts it on the hub. I suggest buying one that has the adapter and shim included.

Note that it's very important to make sure that this is securely attached to the hub so that it does not spin and tear your spokes out.

#3. The exhauste /muffler.

I am pretty ballsy on my bike and that muffler that hangs down directly off the motor is a disaster waiting to happen. I went with the niome flexable muffler. It allows some flexability with its metal braid. Plus it sounds good on my 80cc. bike. $50

#3. The carb and velocity stack.

This helped smooth things out as far as acceleration idling and top speed. The one I got has no adjustments on it and seems to work perfectly so far. I bought this for $18 the velocity stack for $12 and am happy with both. I also bought an aftermarket air filter that goes over the velocity stack for $8.00.

#4. Be patient. It always takes a little while to work the bugs out of a system and do not become frustrated and give up. It is well worth the effort to take your time and do things right. Dont jerry rig anything. If you cannot properly fabricate the piece save your money and buy it. I promise you that it is worth it.

I hope all of this will help the newbie to get his bike running a little more smoothly.

I love you all God bless and safe riding.