The best condidate for a motor bicycle build

Discussion in 'Pre-Motorized Bicycle Information.' started by biknut, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Dan

Dan Staff

KC, I just gave your nic and and addy here to a buddy moving down your way. He's waiting to get a MB until settled. Really good guy.

LoL BN. Just bought an electric lawn mower /tractor. Gonna put a solar panel as a sun roof/fixed so the neighbors think it is running from the panel and not a batt! Gonna be funny.

Uhggg! Can't upload the pictures. It's really cool. Can now at 3am on a Sunday and not get shot at! Has.. it's just really awesome.

Eric is getting us new forum software. Really good, easy to use. This software is ok but the new stuff is pretty amazing. So much easier and better.

Edit; electric mower link (just so cool!) http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-RM480e-38-in-Battery-Electric-Riding-Lawn-Mower-RY48110/300246266

#81 Dan, Apr 17, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  2. KCvale

KCvale Active Member

Thanks Dan ;-}

So your electric mower flies too huh?

[​IMG]

Sweet ;-}

3. Dan

Dan Staff

My pleasure,KC. And he is a good guy, you'll enjoy working with him.

Great pic! TY. Carol is not thrilled with the thought of a $3K lawnmower. But no belts,gas oil/oil changes and hook it up to a panel I already have. No nutting. Un-plug and play! LoL

And now we find out it can fly, snork

4. biknut

biknut Active Member

That looks like a deluxe mower Dan. I've been thinking about buying an electric mower too, one of the robot kind that cost about $1000

5. Dan

Dan Staff

Honestly? How awesome would that be!? Kicked back with a beer or a cup of coffee on a lawn chair! Ya know a neighbor is just gonna have to come over and ask about it. Just sounds like a really pleasant way to pass an hour or 3.

And for the same reasons for any motored device. Lawn equipment, e-bikes and even my Prius. (I have never loved a car as much as this one. bar none)

An electrical motor has one main moving part as opposed to many. No need for gear reduction/transmission. I.E., less things to go wrong, brake, wear. No heat, friction, oil, gas, belts or obnoxious noise.

dnut

The 2 year old, $2,000 riding mower we are replacing is now a lawn ornament due to a plastic bit intrinsic to the transmission housing in the throttle linkage. The $*^%$* thing is in a gully of a horizontal surface that collected debris. So in frustration with it not going vroom on demand. I may or may not have stomped it to death. wut? hehehe

Ya need 2 NASA engineers to get to the part and ...... OK. I'm done. Just pretty POed.

6. KCvale

KCvale Active Member

I thought you'd like that pic ;}