The 49cc pit bike engine on amazon

GoldenMotor.com

Loop

May 27, 2020
S.Knoxville
Namely this one with the gear box, it’s small, but I’m curios about it’s power output and if anyone has a pic of one in a real world setting.
I want to use one on my old mini bike I’m rebuilding for my lil boy because a Briggs style motor just isn’t reliable enough for my taste and I want something different for him that will be easier to start
92F06A0C-2898-4937-A088-ADF9D0BA8135.png

Reactions: PeteMcP

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Just another awesome build by PeteMcp !! I had one of those conversions and wired to fish eye leds looked amazing....like you builds.

FOG

Mar 3, 2019
I'm using one on a Schwinn. FWIW the pocket bike guys tell me they're designed for 1.9hp.

My Grandson wore the chrome outa the barrel on one in a mini quad, but it took awhile and he ran the you know what out of it.

Here's a pic from the past of him tearing up the dirt in my front yard. He likes his doughnuts.

Picture 016.jpg

A new 1 piece top end's only $25. There's a "big bore kit" out there that really isn't because it has the same size 44mm piston for $50, but at least its a 2 piece jug.

They do need a flat motor mount which would useful in a Briggs style mini bike. Where you put the holes will determine chain alignment so I'd be real careful about that.

The output sprocket on that gearbox is probably 8mm chain. 14T is common but other sizes are available.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Loop and PeteMcP

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
These motors aren't really 'pit bike' engines. They're from Mini Motos and as such, I found very little available in the way of exhausts, other than the 'standard' type, when I was building my DECOLINER. An eBay search for Mini Moto exhaust/muffler should show what's out there. Nearly all feature the chamber under the engine, which wouldn't have worked for my particular application. They aren't expensive. I purchased the one shown in this pic and greatly modified it as described in the bike's build thread to fit my requirements.

FSCN3496.JPG

Reactions: Loop

Loop

May 27, 2020
S.Knoxville
Nice, I was looking at one that looked like a lawnmower muffler, but yours looks better.

realized upon reading it later that it sounded wrong lol

Last edited: