ThatsDax "65"cc Head Bolt Torque

GoldenMotor.com

VaporKing

May 15, 2008
15 ft/lbs aint much.:eek:

Is that from DAX, or is it just from general experience?

I have em at 15. Unless I think I'm taking a compression hit, I'll probably keep them there. Just hope nothing rattles-off.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
12-15lbs may do it for the 65. Not sure, I always go by feel. but You are right, it is not much, but the 65 has the smaller 6mm cylinder studs. So.. You do not want to over tighten and rip them through. . Tighten them by feel, run it and warm it up real good. Park it, let it cool overnight and then tighten them a little more. Check for leaks with carb cleaner. And remember, 6mm can not take much torque. I go by feel. Run it, let it cool, and then torque them a little more after it cools. Enjoy the ride...

Last edited:

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
15 ft/lbs aint much.:eek:

Is that from DAX, or is it just from general experience?

I have em at 15. Unless I think I'm taking a compression hit, I'll probably keep them there. Just hope nothing rattles-off.
Do you have the 6mm or 8mm studs.....?

15 ft/lbs is plenty for 8mm and may snap 6mm studs.

Also if you have those cheezy acorn nuts, I suggest you lose them and get some real nuts.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I have my 8mm @ 25 ft.lbs....

If you don't have a torque wrench, grab the handle of your ratchet all the way up by the ratchet part and tighten firmly...that will get you close to 15 lbs.