Tempus

GoldenMotor.com

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
My first time posting a video here. I finally got the old girl running again. This is my motorbike, Tempus. It had a clog in the fuel delivery someplace. I've spent the past month or so, in my spare time, cleaning the carb, checking the plug, etc. Tonight, I took some time to dismantle the all the fuel lines and filter; cleaned the lines, the petcock, the sediment-bowl filter, flushed the tank with fresh fuel and a coffee filter in a large jar. There was a bit of varnish-like stuff in the line that ran from the tank to the filter. I think I got some bad gas. Hooked everything back up, and I was so pleased to have her running this well, that I made a video.
The sweet little voice you hear in the first part is my second daughter, Anneliese. She is my assistant videographer. She was a bit nervous, but I knew she could handle the camera work.

Let's see if this works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHMtRkzbxus

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Very nice! Now, don't wreck it!

For real, great bike, ride safe and show off!
Believe me, I'm doing all I can to keep this one safe. And I don't ride downtown; it's too crazy. Some drivers act like they aren't paying any attention at all, cutting each other off regularly and beeping as they go through a red light. Some, when making left turns, often try to squeeze through before the people on the other side going straight. That's how my accident happened, cruisin' on up through a green light and suddenly the truck coming from ahead of me turns left straight into me.
This bike is kinda like my own piece of artwork. I'm not ready to have somebody trash it.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Thank you sir. I figured I was past-due to put up a video, seeing as I've had this bike running since 2010. My daughter had fun helping too.

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
More videos of that sweet ride man! Perhaps you can have Miss Anneliese film you as you do a walk through of Tempus? We'd all enjoy that, and perfect practice makes perfect!

You sir, have done a fine job on that bike. I applaud your skill and execution. Worthy Tempus proves you to be on par with the highest tier of builders. I aspire to your greatness, as do others I am sure.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I think I'll put the next video here, but after I put on the springer fork I want to add, and the turn signals and new headlamp housing. The new headlamp will look like a vintage/early-electric job, but will house a much brighter light. I'm going to be going for automotive brightness and rechargeable lith-ion.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Well, here's how things went. I disassembled the springer fork and painted it several coats of red. Put it back together, went to install it today, and it doesn't fit. :(
I spent a couple hours trying different combinations of upper bearing races I had on hand, and tried to think of some way to do it that didn't involve trimming down the headtube on my frame. In the end, I decided to stay with Tempus' original truss-fork, and will be selling the springer fork in the Swap & Sell section of this forum. No use in me keeping it for ages if I can't use it. Anybody want a sweet springer fork? It has V-brake mounts!