Taylar builds! Victorville CA

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Well Dan has been buisy. As far as I know ALL of these are sold, or were built to order; so this isnt a for sale thread. :) Just showing some BEAUTIFULL builds some lucky owners will be riding or putting in the living room as; just fur look'n at; metal art.

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I"ll get my bike out to Dans in a week or so for finishing touches and hopefully at least the Redskin and Ol' Yeller will still be there? to do a photo op with, notice the Faux crank mounts and case on Ol' Yeller, look familiar He! He! when Dan and I dropped of the Black Dog and Ol'yeller for powder coating we had our doubts about the yellow but it did turned out GOOD! I've only ever seen one yellow Indian before.
Dan also rebuilt the light on Ol' Yeller with an L.E.D. set up and it turned out great, the Black Dog has a mean GRAWL! very heavy thump!thump!thump! to it and the Black color is called "wet Black" pictures with a flash all you see is glare.
Of course I gotta thing for the Redskins, this is the 2nd bike Dan has built that is a color correct Indian tribute.

Attachments

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
?? Did that yellow Injun come out of the Old Wigwam that color; or is that some 1920's guys idea of a hotrod custom paint job?? Either way I like it and its nice to have a justifiable excuse to make a yellow Indian. Yes Dans bikes are the bomb. I replied to his email with the pics cussing him out. telling him the red one made me POOP myself!! lafflaff

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Here are the only 2 red Indians Dan has ever built, Don't know if it was a Yeller from factory,tribute bike or a restore with Cyclone style in mind there are a couple of funny things about that bike, notice how fat the tank is ,engine mounts are weird and the fender sits funny along with the seat struts too, here is a side shot of Ol' Yeller

Attachments

Last edited:

itchybird

Nov 4, 2009
SF Bay Area.
It looks like two of the bikes are running the Honda GC motors and I have a GC motor in my shop that is intended for a Vintage Simplex I have that lost it's original motor, so I would like to know how well that motor works.

As for the bikes, well the bikes look very nice! They look well engineered and after building a few of my own, I know how much effort goes into getting a bike done, but to have three done bikes sitting in your driveway is more work than most will admit -somebody has been busy.

It's also nice to see some color too, doing all the metal work is only half the battle, at some point you need to put a stake in the ground and decide on a paint job. Well done on these I'd say.

Another question too, the yellow bike has a nice wide looking wheel set, are those felt rims? The worksman rims are beefy but a little on the thin side, these look wider.

Nice job here.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
The Honda gc 160 QHA1 is a strong and reliable engine and up against the stock Preditor 212 it will keep up.

Dan has worked at several professional bike shops and has been on teams that built bikes on chopper build off's that were televised so he knows what it takes to build a quality product plus the man is maticuless about the details in short Dan takes great pride in his craft.

There were actually seven bikes being built at the same time plus extras for the next orders as they come in, Dan is dedicated to hard work as you can see it shows.

Dan builds to a customers desires,so although he works off the base design forks,frame and tanks the rest is built to the customers requests such as a particular brand name tribute bike,color,accessaries, Dan even works with the Worksman brand and the wheels on the Yellow Indian are Worksman with Electra 26x 3.00 cream colored tires, again using high quality products is a trade mark of Dan.

The bikes are powder coated wich gives the bike a higher rate of durability and a better show quality luster, , take any of the bikes dan has built to either a car or motorcyle show and you see the biggest crowd surrounding that bike.

Since you and your brother are also builders you gotta pat yourself on the back as well for putting out a quality product too, I have Sportsman Flyer Deluxe #3 SFD003DO and it will get some special attention soon, had a machined turned pattern put on the sides of the tank and oil/tool box and just got the machined turned pattern faux crank case the other day, mounting brackets are next.

Last edited:

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I have to step in and say the GC 160 is not on the same level as the 212. We run the GC 160 on our btr and have to say they do best with a cvt. They do not like To rev and they have no hi performance parts for them. If you are not looking for speed then it's a good choice.

Check out my post to see the results of a blown up GC motor.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Well I don't want to get into a long standing debate but it does depend on what model GC 160 you are refering to, qha,qhaf,qha1, Makuni carb, Delorto,exc,exc, govner or not over head valve,overhead cam,CVT, high performance clutch, treatland sells a variety of stuff that will make the GC160 a high performance engine so does AGK but really if you want a motorcycle just buy a flipp'n motorcycle,Ive seen them rip in traffic at 55 mph

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
The GC series is all the same... No after Market parts are are available for this motor. I have added the 22 mm carb and and exhaust and that's about it. We dont need to debate over this but i do know a little about motors and a little about building bikes.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Meh. Im a 4 stroke guy through and through. And ya, my observations are the HF motors seem to be able to go faster and take more abuse. I belive Wolf Jr just managed to blow up a GC motor ( in spectatular fashion I might add ! :) ) Seems to me Dan is building what his customers are payng for and thats that. Dude pays for a 2 stroke; dude gets a 2 stroke. The GC 's I think, are more amenable to vintagafying than the HF motors. so they seem to have more of that "look" For improved function witness what sportcarpat and team have acomplished on the salt with a HF motor... The first time out! WOOF!

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
These are fantastic machines, I would love to see one in person. I wish I had those kinds of fabrication skills.

Does any one know what he charges for a bike? Does that price include the engine or is it a kit kind of deal?

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Lurker.........
The price depends on what you exactly want, as I mentioned Dan's builds are to customer's desires Dan will builder a roller with or with out the engine, seperate components or complete give him a call (661)341-0192 he's a good guy to do business with and will accomidate your requests.

Wish I could give an accurate price but thats something to be worked out between the prospective client and him