Tank frame bicycles

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by biknut, Dec 29, 2012.

1. biknut

biknut Active Member

Thanks for explaining that Pat. That's what I was kind of thinking you meant.

2. maniac57

maniac57 Old, Fat, and still faster than you

I had several tank-frame bikes with headlights and once, even a radio in the tank. I remember one with sirens, motor noises and a AM radio that I loved! It would not work as a fuel tank but the look was great! They have a certain motorcycle vibe that I loved as a kid, and love even more as an adult:confused:

3. chainmaker

chainmaker New Member

Never had a tank bike as a kid they were before me- never even had my own bike until i builtnmy first mb. But I saw one of Norms Panthers then one of Pats and that was it. Now I am always on the look out for them- just wish there were more around at an affordable price.

4. biknut

biknut Active Member

A good example of a Panther would probably be $3500. I'd much rather pay $800 for a new Felt Deep 6.

5. chainmaker

chainmaker New Member

Agreed- I wouldnt mb up a complete nice panther though. I will however start with a bare frame.

6. Venice Motor Bikes

Venice Motor Bikes Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

We're very fortunate here in So-Cal... There are plenty of those old tank bikes still around for a reasonable price. :)

7. Harold_B

Harold_B Member

Perhaps the great weather in CA is part of that. I bought my cruiser on sale after it sat on the showroom floor for two years because people in MI don't get into cruisers as much. Surprising considering all of the beachside parks. People here are starting to catch on that vintage cruisers have value. On the other hand they seem to think every rusty pile of metal older than five years is "vintage".

8. biknut

biknut Active Member

Dallas is considered one of the worst bicycle city's in America. I can't even remember seeing one single vintage tanker in all the years I've lived here.