Symba

Discussion in 'The Tavern' started by Jim C, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Jim C

Jim C New Member

I have decided I am done with motorized bicycles. I just bought a beautiful 2012 Symba (Cub). I saw it and had to have it. It did need some sorting out and cosmetic stuff. Today it is pristine. This thing runs really good, it shifts a little hard but as I get trained on it things are better.
    It is an under bone design with a 101 cc. motor. Overhead cam 6.8 hp. 5 ft, lb. torque. Suppose to go 59 mph. But I don't know. It has a automatic clutch with a 4 speed transmission. With 17 inch wheels it is very comfortable and stable. This is also a very quiet motor and it gets a conversation anywhere I take it.
    BTW. I do have a 29 inch bike with a 66 cc. Bike Berry motor in it for sale started once never ridden.

2. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Active Member

The Symba is a really nice Taiwanese replica of the classic Honda Cub. Pity that Sym no longer sells them inn the USA.
    [​IMG]

3. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

Wow, that reminded me of the couple who rode their little Syms around the world. A member posted a link to that blog and I read the whole adventure. It was amazing and fun. Somehow I've lost that link. Does anyone remember it?

Enjoy that little bike, Jim. I have a 73 Honda MC 70 that I once had plans to restore but alas that project has never happened. It is still in a storage shed waiting for a new life.

Tom

4. xseler

xseler Well-Known Member

5. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Mark.

I think that link was on an old computer that died. It was a fun read. Maybe Jim C will find it enjoyable.

Tom

6. xseler

xseler Well-Known Member

Guess what? I've started reading that adventure again! lol