Super Bad!

GoldenMotor.com

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I'M Back!
In the Beginning......
There was a1908 Merkel Board Track Racer then 100 years later the frame and fork were replicated.
Stay Tuned!

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Now that everyone can see what my goal is lets start with the engine. The 1st pic is just to see where I wanted to go with style and design of the engine and as you can see I did not use the BMW head.
Fred Head Bottom End I have had for a long time was port matched to cylinder.
Falcon 911 Reed Cylinder with 49mm bore and Piston.
Maikuni PWK 21 mm carb and Honda reed valve.
RDN Super Clutch.
Billet case covers.
I made bottom base gasket and used a copper head gasket with spray copper gasket sealer.

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Moving along is the bottom end with port matched transfer ports and strip down of ole Clutch then install of the RDH super clutch with National 6062 sealed bearings and customizing Clutch cover, Clutch arm Cover & Magneto Cover I also replaced the stock Mag with a OZ mag.

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Back to the Carb...
The Honda reed valve wasn't the cleanest casting so it was disassembled taken care of and re assembled the reed valves at the bottom of pic 1 is kind of a before and after. the reed valve base was sanded down flat to take the cast wave out and provide a smooth and flat surface for a guaranteed air tight seal. The head is a 6.5 combustion chamber I had contacted the manufacturer to have them custom mill to 6.5 specs for me before red anodize was applied.
Before final assemble I will add the ignition system with a coil and a vintage plug wire with Raja Connecter and NGK B7HS plug.

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Tank Arrived last Monday so I did a Final fit mock up and it is FANTASTIC!! James Salsero at Ghettobike.com made it for me and this is the 2nd. he has done for me 1st was for my 1935 Rollfast (Last Pic) under the Merkel. if you notice the tank has to Bungs the rear is just a Dummy the cap is functional so you can stash some cash, a key or something else you don't want to loose while riding.
This tank is as I said Fantastic! James does good work! And I recommend him for yer go to guy on tanks.
James did so well it looks like he could have made the original back in the day.

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Stay tuned for more, I ain't done yet!
Waiting on the wheels, they are being built at a local bike shop and a Sportsman Flyer BTR Saddle. I think waiting for parts to come in and getting things fabricated is why it take so long to build a bike especially if you are doing a tribute.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Well not much done today , put the wheels back on after having a Shimano CB E-110 rear hub laced up and front trued, Hub adaptor and 40 tooth sprocket.
Re Greased the Bear Trap Peddles, polished the aluminum and painted em up to match the wheels.

Attachments

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Good to see you're building again.

I contacted this guy ages ago after a headsup from a great builder & long time forum contributor. Long story, that I won't share, but prototypes were where he was at and fishing for financial backing was necessary to proceed. He fell off the radar after that.

To be sure he suffered a huge setback on his casting in Mexico that was an early setback as well.

A lot of projects fail to commercialize for lack of understanding about financial concessions necessary for going to production stage and marketing a product. Many don't want to give up 50% or more of a project to see it get to market so they settle for 100 percent of nothing.

It's a great looking little V twin though. I'd hoped to one day see sucess.

Rick C.

Reactions: fasteddy

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Yah! I wished he kept going cause I sure wanted one of those Indian 350 V twins! well if you ever run across him again send a link or contact info.
Thanks!
Will do. Also I wanted to ask about Ghetto bikes. I tried for months to contact them mid civid with no reply. You have a working phone number for them?

Rick C.

Reactions: fasteddy