stupid old people again : (

GoldenMotor.com

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
guy bought a kit & couldn't build it onto his bike - came back and traded in the kit & bike for one that I had built & ready to run

I built his over the next few days and the pedal hit the motor by about 1/4 inch. Couldn't get the crank off with several pullers & hammers I had, so did about 3/8 inch of grinding on the bike, followed by well over an hour filing, sanding and polishing to get a good looking surface. Next day I noticed rear rim was a bit off and got out a spoke wrench to true it up. While putting spoke wrench away, I saw next to it on the shelf the expensive multi - tool I had bought last year just to pull cranks of that type. Could of had it off and finished in 1/2 hour instead of the several hours it took bending under the bike.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
doesn't matter I guess - went to grocery store today and someone stole it off the build bench while I was gone

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Holy Smoke!
Was the bike in your garage?
I'm teed off, just thinking about it.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
no, the build bench is in back yard so I can run motors stationary - guess I'll have to attach a chain & padlock to it

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
been running the shop in same location for 8 or 10 years now - I'm the only full-time repair shop for these in the area

current culture seems to be changing the way folks act these days tho