SpookyTooth Death Race 2009

GoldenMotor.com

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
If I can finagle it, I'll bring a folding blue:confused: cover structure thing and a grill. If I can't finagle those things, look for a drunken naked white guy on a too loud Whizzer. :D

Well, maybe a fully clothed white guy all coffee'd up on a too loud Whizzer. :D
and a grill...

I promised Cruiser some stickers. I hope to have some this week. I gotta earn $ome ca$h this week fir$t.

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Pedaling Rule?

Over here at the local races we had a big disagreement about the pedaling issue. A lot of the guy asked that no pedaling was allowed except during the holeshot. It became a big issue that some of the guys here refused to race anymore. For me, I prefer the no pedaling rule especially if we are doing 25-50 laps. Does anyone know if pedaling will be allowed during the race?

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
These are motor assisted bikes and peddling is part of how I get going and climb hills and stuff. All you need to do is peddle faster than me and you beat me, although the top end of motor speed is way beyond my peddle speed. I weigh 250 and I can only compete by peddling you light guys can let a tiny motor propel you fine but if I can peddle enough to be competitive why not? Besides who wants that many rules?

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I agree, that's the whole point of mounting a motor to a bicycle.

And I am pretty sure Roland doesn't care if you pedal or not. If you can out pedal everyone, then great. If you can out motor everyone, thats great too.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
That's cool but I suggest before the race, Spooky Tooth should have a rider's meeting stating what's allowed and talk about racing safely so no "after racing" fight breaks out. I know I won't be fighting anyone because I'm there to have fun but I'm sure there might be one hot head racing. (there always is one or two) haha

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I'm hoping for a "slow drag" contest.
The kind of race where everybody tries to go the slowest at idle speed without touching feet to ground.
It's a hoot. :D

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
WARNING !
On the local news this morning a story about the City of Tucson's budget shortfalls took a prominent position on the list of the usual murders, mayhem and meth monkey crime stories.
The City of Tucson Police Department is looking for "revenue" sources. How do the po-po get mo money? Well let's see, hmmm...traffic enforcement! Yeah! That's it! The City of Tucson can raise revenue by writing more traffic tickets!
Capital idea!
MBers beware, the po-po is looking for bux. :D
Any after race riding should be done with these things in mind.

Last edited:

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
I just got a speeding ticket in Chandler from the intersection camera. Speed limit is 45 mph for 10 miles and all the sudden 100 yds. before the intersection it drops to 40 mph and so I forgot to slow and got a $210.00 ticket for 11 mph over. Ticket says I am a danger to society, so you racers better watch out for lennyharp. Now if my wife would only let me race. You are very correct that the governments, all levels, will do anything to keep their spending money up. Well they should stop spending so very much, but that is not likely, now is it?

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
it is good the race is in a controlled environment this year :)
last year at the rally, I was going b@lls out (a little over 35), came over a little rise and about 5 cruisers were facing me approx1/4 mi ahead, parked across the 't' intersection, in a gas station...

scared the carp outta Bill rotfl, thought I was busted for sure, but they weren't bothering any of us
(probably different now the economy tanked)

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
it is good the race is in a controlled environment this year :)
last year at the rally, I was going b@lls out (a little over 35), came over a little rise and about 5 cruisers were facing me approx1/4 mi ahead, parked across the 't' intersection, in a gas station...

scared the carp outta Bill rotfl, thought I was busted for sure, but they weren't bothering any of us
(probably different now the economy tanked)
This is the only reason why I'm attending this year. I'm too old to be street racing.

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Cops or not, I'm bringing, by way of local roads if necessary, my un-licensed Whizzer and my un-licensed moped. If anyone has objections to that, let me know here. If Roland has problems with that, he can 86 me. I'm fed up with cliques and gangs. I'm fed up with government induced fear. My moped is 50cc and slower than a lot of motorized bikes. My Whizzer is 138cc of heavy, slow iron. If the cops want it, they can sieze it. Most cops are paid shills for the government, being nothing more than blindly obedient rule followers and enforcers, working as armed bill collectors.
I'm an armed right wing terrorist, plain and simple. Cops and cop lovers, be forewarned!

Last edited by a moderator:

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
I first thought WL was talking about riding out to the track although I doubt it since he is bringing two different rides. However I thought I should mention to the rest of you that the Pima County Fair starts this weekend and there is going to be a lot of traffic on some two lane country roads. Riding your bike to the event may not be the best idea.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
looks like me n azvinnie will be coming in a black Nissan pick-up with trailer
vinnie's bringing a cool trike he's been building
looks like it is gonna be a good day to play :)

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
Since I work the night befor I plan on napping and then leaving at 10 AM to get there about noon. I will be going with several others and some bikes and stuff. I hope to have a trailer to tow people around in but may not finish building it.