spark plug wire end for a bicycle motor

GoldenMotor.com

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
here is a quicky on plug wire ends 7mm silicone wire with copper core. Crimp on end and the plug boot is a silicone boot sold by amreican power sports it comes in colors and goes by the name of G-man plug boots for go karts and will not shake off and you don't have to remove the screw on tit on the plug.
good grade of plug wire with about 1/4" of exposed wire core

bend over the exposed end of the wire

install a crimp on plug end and crimp it on I use a special tool for this. the bent over exposed wire is on the back side of the plugend.

Last edited by a moderator:

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Re: sparkplug wire end

Here is the tool being used to crimp on the end.

to put the finished metal part inside of the rubber boot is the hard part lots of silicone spray and some words of encouragement help. Ok I did alot of damn cussing and beggin for it to go on but its worth it.

what it looks like when off I'm running a champ plug too an L78 wrong plug but it works good for me.

cruiser66

Mar 4, 2008
Westport, MA
Great instructions Norman. I understand that the plug wire can be moved from the CDI unit by just unscrewing (twisting) it out of the socket. Is that right? More to the point, has anyone upgraded the plug wire on their 4 stroke? If so, did the wire remove the same way as the 2 stroke??

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I haven't played with those little 4-strokes but a briggs plug wire has a peg in the center sort of like the screw. On those I use 5-min epoxy to hold them in place. I put the epoxy on the wires side and not the end. First I fit the wire to the coil to make sure the peg goes inside the wire's center. you can put the wire on the coil take the wire off and see if the peg leaves a hole in the wires center where the copper wire core is. Mix up the glue and stick it together.
I suspect the wire is epoxied in like on a briggs but i may be wrong. If you have one try twisting it off if its glued on you will have to cut it as close to the coil as you can and use a soldering iron to melt the epoxy out so you can put in a new wire.

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
To remove the plug wire I just twist counter clockwise

As you can see...there is just a screw in the CDI...to install the plug wire back into the CDI, twist clockwise

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Here is the stock cap...it has a screw also. But if you are replacing with a better wire and cap..you don't need to pull it off...Just showing you what it look's like.