Somebody’s else’s problem field, and hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MarcPhotoMan, May 31, 2008.

1. MarcPhotoMan

MarcPhotoMan New Member

Well it’s been 2 weeks since I finished my bike, and I have also noticed that the bike seems to emit a somebody’s else’s problem field, does any body else experience this phenomenon? When people do notice the bike their reaction is positive. It is the most fun I have ever had going to work everyday! It’s simply an amazing way to commute.

In one instance I pulled up to a guy driving a nice new Porsche, at a stop. he had the top down at first he did not notice me but then he must have seen me out of the corner of his eye and did a double take and then gave me a thumbs up!

On Friday I drove by on local municipal security guy and two cops and nothing, but I did kill the engine as I saw them so that probably helped

I was wondering if it is broken in now I have driven approx 90 miles Not including test runs so it could be over 100 miles and I have Burt over gallon and half of gas, but during the first week I had a gas leak I have noticed that the mileage has improved and the engine seems to the higher end more now when I dare to go over half throttle, and it is smoothing out. It has also been very cool around 50 or so, most days I have to wear gloves I thing that could be a good thing for the break in.

I have attacked two photos of my bike does anyone had any name ideas?

Attached Files:

#1 MarcPhotoMan, May 31, 2008
    Last edited: May 31, 2008
  2. deacon

deacon minor bike philosopher

Sounds to me like you are about where you are going to stay. I love the attention my bike gets. I am always amazed how little it cost and how much people love the bike.

One of my few good investments. I like your bike, very interesting and well done.

3. Ilikeabikea

Ilikeabikea Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum. And that is a really nice bike you built there. I love the attention my bike gets riding it around. Everyone wants to know where I bought it. If they only knew................................

4. paul

paul Active Member

fine looking motorized bicycle! where did you get the paniers? most i have seen are not big enough to hold much and those look great. glad to have you with us

5. D.J.

D.J. New Member

Welcome

Does the CCM mean that you are a Canadian or that you just enjoy cross border shopping . ...... D.J.

6. Dave31

Dave31 Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum, glad you could join us :D That is a nice looking ride.
    :ride2:

7. Bikeguy Joe

Bikeguy Joe Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

Welcome!

You bicycle motor is not broken in yet....around 3-4 tanks full of fuel will get you near there.

Don't baby it too much, vary throttle amount and engine rpm and ride that sukka!

8. MarcPhotoMan

MarcPhotoMan New Member

Yes I am Canadian, and I do enjoy cross border shopping! I am true blue Montrealer, Love Montreal but I dislike the Province of Quebec and Anglo to boot, My family has been here for five generations.

9. MarcPhotoMan

MarcPhotoMan New Member

I Purchased The bike came with the bag and rack at Walmart they made a pricing error to the whole thing for 119,97, I went on a night when the Canadians were playing a playoff game against the Bruins so there were no managers in the store.

10. paul

paul Active Member

nice job(^) a set of paniers would cost more then you paid for the bike and all