some problem with my small 4stroke

GoldenMotor.com

WINDSHIELD

Jan 21, 2008
Hello.I have a robin subaru 33cc 4 stroke on my bicycle.I leave the bicycle without use for about 8 months.Right now when i try to run the motor dont start.Someone knows some good tricks?I need to use carburator cleaner?a new spark?Thanks for the attention.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Drain the gas out of your tank and carb. Not sure what kind of carb you have, but it would be a good idea to clean the carb, or at least the float bowl. Run the proper amount of Sea Foam or other carb cleaner in the gas for a tank or two.

Keep us posted whether you get it running or not.

Next time you are gonna let it sit, use some Stabil fuel stabilizer.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Don't forget you should also change the oil after letting it sit for so long.

As Joe said, clean the carb. New spark plug would help if the current one is gunked up.

If you're going to let it sit again, I would drain the gas before putting it away.

WINDSHIELD

Jan 21, 2008
Thanks for the help.I need to change oil no matters if the motor have amsoil syntetic lubricant?This type of oil also get old if the motor dont run for a long time?

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Thanks for the help.I need to change oil no matters if the motor have amsoil syntetic lubricant?This type of oil also get old if the motor dont run for a long time?
The oil is probably OK but how long are we talking about? It could have condensate (water) in it - depending where you live and how it was stored.

Most importantly is fresh fuel.

WINDSHIELD

Jan 21, 2008
Hello.Thanks for the help.The problem was the fuel.I was drain the 1 liter gas tank plus spray carb cleaner inside the carburator,very little amount.First the engine runs sluggish but when i pump new gasoline inside the carburator from the small pump it works well.Next i drop about half ounce of mystery oil(this is a fuel cleaner) inside the gas tank.Fuel additives are good for small motors?I was read an article that recomends to mix with gasoline some kind of oil just to lubricate the internal parts of the motor at every moment the tank is fill.That because the gasoline itself cant lubricate small motor parts.Someone with some knowleadge please let me know.Thanks for the attention.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
You HAVE to mix oil with your gas in these two stroke engine or it will seize. You should have the proper gas/oil mix ration and use only that in your engine.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
a few drops of mmo should not hurt a thing it will lube the intake valves guide don't get carried away with the stuff and you should be good to go. when you go to store it again pour in some fuel stabilizer and run the engine drain out the fuel tank and run the engine until it quits with the empty tank. Drain the crankcase oil while its hot and put in your favorite brand and type of oil in the case then crank the engine over to splash the oil around then kick back and enjoy your favorite beverage. If you can find a storage oil use that to pickle the engine and a descant plug to put in place of the spark plug but now I'm getting carried away. I'm guilty of parking the lawn mower with no regards for it for winter or long time storage as i know I can always make it start again I treat it like a red headed step child I'll bet the grass cheers when I put the mower in the shed for winter.rotfl
Norman