some pics of my build so far

GoldenMotor.com

comfortableshoes

Jul 22, 2008
Beverly, MA USA
I've started off with a blue schwinn chopper- Ilike the look and standing in at 5'2" it fits my fat butt just about right.

So far what I've done- bought a 49.9cc pocket bike engine used off craigslist.
a honda QA50 tank bondo'd and painted it, mounted it

and made numerous cut to the frame of the bike. I'll be "restructuring" some more support.

I'm not sure if I"m going to leave the peddles on or not. Might take 'em off and use it as a scooter, the pocket bike engine is more than strong enough to haul my butt around. If not, theres a good reason to diet :eek:

My pics are too big but you can see them all on my flickr page here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/leslieherger/sets/72157605978399730

I'll resize some of them and get them up.

Attachments

comfortableshoes

Jul 22, 2008
Beverly, MA USA
I agree the tank is just about perfect for the stingray. :ride:

I wanted to show a pic of my tank mounts. They are black rubber stoppers. I got them out of the odd fastner drawers at Home Cheapo. About 50 cents each. They come in all sorts of sizes and are a soft squishy black rubber. I bored out a hole slightly larger than my bolts and threaded them on. Super simple. I'm able to really squash them down and get a snug fit on my tank.

I also mounted my home made rack on the back. See this post for details on the making of it. I picked up a 4 ft length of 1 inch by 1/8th aluminum at Home Cheapo. It was expensive About $9 for it. I had planned on using steel strapping material but this will work way better. I bent it into a z shap, drilled 5 holes attached it to the fender attachment and where the reflectors were. Then I used a piece of leftover u bolt strap to attach the rack to the mount. Worked quite will. I need to pick up some all thread and bolts to make the attachments for the rear. It needs some rear support. I'd already attached my lights to it so I've got to now pick up some wire to wire the whole thing up.

The rack from the side, missing the side supports, getting some all thread for that asap.

The final attachment

Attachments