SoCal race event questions

GoldenMotor.com

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
Can I use this bike to enter events?

I have a mild head honing, no cam, no port and polish, 18lb valve springs, and a bypassed governor. I can remove the electrical system if needed, shave off several pounds, and replace the exhaust with the one that came with the engine kit.

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
In addition, when do they plan on hosting the next event?

Have they updated the rules for clarity on particular engines? Mods?

Is there a specific brake size requirement?

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
I haven't been in awhile, I think some of the races were canceled cuz of Covid and I haven't been since. The race is usually on Sunday and Saturday is a practice day. You don't need a pit crew. There is usually a $10 fee to get into the track, and maybe $40-$70 for the race and $25-$40 if you go for the practice day, that's what I remember but it's been awhile. Anyone who shows up will have to pay the track entry fee ($10) even if they don't ride on the track. On practice day you can ride the track until the sun goes down anytime you want, on race day you are assigned your heat times depending on the class or classes you want to compete in. You can camp there if you want, many people bring campers or RVs or tents. There used to be 3 races a year, usually in early April, late May, and October. A guy named Neil runs it all, he used to post threads about the races on this site and on motoredbikes.com but I haven't seen him in a while. His screen name is MotorBicycleRacing here is his profile--> https://motorbicycling.com/members/motorbicycleracing.23503/
He also has a facebook page, search for Southern California Motor Bicycle Racing and I'm sure you can find it.