SoCal Motorized Bicycle Race March 29th, 30th

GoldenMotor.com

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Hello All,

This has already been posted in another thread, but I would like to start a formal thread to relate to the upcoming race.

At Apex raceway in beautiful Perris, CA, the SCMBR race series continues on Saturday March 30th. On Friday, March 29th the track is open for practice, and many racers come Friday, practice and tune, then stay overnight in the pits, either in tent, camper, RV, or their car.

We race many different classes. Three different classes (Beginner, Novice, Expert) for the China girl engines, midrange for larger engines, and unlimited for the bad boy 20hp+ engines. We also race gopeds and hard tire mini gokarts.

It’s a super fun and inexpensive way to enjoy the thrill of closed circuit racing. Most everyone is extremely friendly and it’s great to meet others with the same small motor addiction. Bring earplugs though, because those goped guys have some loud ass little 2 strokes that they love to rev, rev, rev, in the pits.

Hope to see you all there, I finally bought some actual race leathers, so I’m excited to try and get some scrape marks on my knee pucks.

See you in the pits,

Gilbert

Last edited:

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
The leathers were a wise choice. No other material keeps your skin from abrading as well. Leather also is nonstick on pavement so you slide instead of tumble incurring broken bones.
Tom from Rubicon

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
SoCal Motor Bicycle & Go-Ped Racing at Apex Racing Center MARCH 30th SAT.

Once again, the motorized bicycles and tricked out Go-Ped scooters take to a go-kart track in anger, this time at the Apex Racing Center in Perris, CA.

Have the cops told you your bike is too fast for the street? Is your Go-Ped getting too fast for the sidewalks? Bring it out to our last race of the year and see what it can do against the best in the west on a go-kart track.

SoCal Motor Bicycle Racing makes things fun, easy and affordable, as long as you have a single speed motor, functional pedals, working brakes,and bicycle tires you can join the fun.

From small bore 2-stroke kit motors in beach cruisers, to purpose-built frames with tricked out 212cc Predator motors, there’s a race for everyone and every bike.

Go-Ped stand up scooters have their own classes, and so do the popular tiny Go-Quad karts. These machines may be inexpensive, and the top speeds low, but it is intense head to head competition.

If you are looking for the most affordable and fun way to get into motorsports, this is it!
Race Info, Safety Gear, Rules are Here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/867826960059113/

Reactions: indian22

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Getting closer to race ready. Changed over to race tires (Hookworms), race seat (Schwinn) that hard mounts to frame and siits 2 - 3” lower, and my race clutch, a red vortex two disc clutch. I always forget to take a picture of the clutch without my chain gaurd/cover.

Going to test drive a bit to get the right gear ratio in my drivetrain, and to test a restrictor plate for the carb.

Then all I have to do is remove the license plate and tail light to be ready to load onto my bike rack.

Attachments

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Sunday 31st is the usual $40 open practice for Apex.
You will be in 15 minute run groups with Motorcycles and Go Karts.

Thursday before the race will be only us on the track 9am to 5pm for $40.
Also it will be $15 for spectators on Thursday and Sunday.

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Finally race ready. Tried to gear for higher speeds on those long straights, but I only got up to about 50mph on the street tests,

Looking forward to riding on a new (to me) track next Saturday.

See you at Apex.

Attachments

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Finally race ready. Tried to gear for higher speeds on those long straights, but I only got up to about 50mph on the street tests,

Looking forward to riding on a new (to me) track next Saturday.

See you at Apex.
The first Oct 2018 race was Clockwise so as we are racing Counterclockwise it is a new track
for everyone again.

You are in the restricted 212 Spec motor class so 50 mph sounds about right.

Your bike is winning the coolest race bike at the track prize!

Reactions: indian22

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Thumbs up for keeping a track in operation and promoting the sport with regular, organized events!

Rick C.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
All racers to have an easy to read at a distance Front Number Plate with minimum 6" high numbers.

Numbers can be taller than 6"
Quads can also have rear and side numbers.

Color combinations of Numbers & Backgrounds that are hard to read are not allowed and there needs to be enough spacing to make numbers readable at a distance.
Fancy or distorted numbers are discouraged.
3 digit numbers should be condensed.

SMBR only uses 1 to 999 as race numbers.
We do not use any Letters or 0, 00, 09, 077 etc.

You get to keep your number as long as you are racing with us.
If you do not have an easy to read Front number plate you can not race. Thanks!

We are doing lap by lap scoring so your plate needs to be easily read at speed passing the scorer.