Smart Rechargeable Taillight with Alarm

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I've had a smart taillight on my bike for a while, and have been very satisfied with it, but now there's a newer better version that includes an alarm. As far as just the taillight, the reason it's considered smart, is because it turns on, and off automatically, which saves battery power. It has a photo cell that senses daylight so the taillight won't come on in the daytime, but has a manual override if you want it on anyway. It also has a brake light that can tell when you're stopping, and works automatically. It's also usb rechargeable, so younever need to replace the battery. There's a lot of different ones on the market to choose from.

This new one includes an alarm with remote activation, and also functions as a horn. It has all the features of the previous smart taillight plus alarm for about twice the price, but still reasonable. They all seem to get good reviews, and I understand why. It works well, and is pretty good quality.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
I've had a smart taillight on my bike for a while, and have been very satisfied with it, but now there's a newer better version that includes an alarm. As far as just the taillight, the reason it's considered smart, is because it turns on, and off automatically, which saves battery power. It has a photo cell that senses daylight so the taillight won't come on in the daytime, but has a manual override if you want it on anyway. It also has a brake light that can tell when you're stopping, and works automatically. It's also usb rechargeable, so younever need to replace the battery. There's a lot of different ones on the market to choose from.

This new one includes an alarm with remote activation, and also functions as a horn. It has all the features of the previous smart taillight plus alarm for about twice the price, but still reasonable. They all seem to get good reviews, and I understand why. It works well, and is pretty good quality.
Yes I have that exact same one. The brake light is also visible in the daylight hours as well. I never use it as a horn though because I have a low volume horn, a loud horn (can be heard inside of a closed compartment vehicle) and a pedestrian bell. I have the loud horn button on the left handlebar and the low volume horn button on the right handlebar. My loud horn also has a remote, an alarm and is USB rechargeable. I carry a cable lock and a U lock. Along with using a hidden tracking chip and cellphone notifier.

My next gadget I'll be putting on my left handlebar is the remote to my helmet cam. Hopefully next month I can start making videos again. It'll also be the first video of the Sidewinder.

Last edited: