Slow Speed 2-stroke 66CC

GoldenMotor.com

roozbeh

Feb 18, 2012
canada
This is making me scratch my head help :/
How much is the max speed for a 2-stroke 66CC engine because mine will go only 6-7(km/h) or 4.3mph. Should I use the warrenty and tell the seller to get a new one?

thanks,

KDB

Jun 19, 2011
Maryland
Need more information.
Standard drive sprocket?

Is it getting enough gas:
Does the cup on the carb fill up?
Throttle adjusted properly?

enough air?
Make sure the choke is opening properly.
Pull the air filter, remove the muffler cap and see if that has an effect.

roozbeh

Feb 18, 2012
canada
Okay so information is:

-66cc engine 2-stroke
-everything is brand new out of the box so air filter and stuff would be clean
-44 sprocket
-415 motor chain
[Note: once i flipped carb upside down and it leaked gasoline so i flippd it back to normal position]
-I am 150 pounds (67kg)

KDB

Jun 19, 2011
Maryland
I'm no real expert, I have only built 3 kits but if I had to bet I'd say your problem is in the carb.

Please don't assume that " brand new out of the box " means everything is OK. Obviously it is not. You should be doing 50 KPH easy.
Check the choke first. The boygofast kit I bought didn't even mention the choke in the instructions. If there is not a choke cable then there is probably a little lever right behind the air filter. Up is closed and down is open. You want it closed to start it when cold and open to let more air into the engine.

The kits that give you a carb unassembled are easy to put together wrong and the one kit I got that came with the carb pre-assembled was put together wrong. (It almost worked right and I didn't find the problem till I took it apart to find out why it kept flooding.)
Make sure that cylinder inside it is going up when you turn the throttle. That's what lets the gas/air mix into the engine.

If you have to take it apart be slow, patient and careful. Above all don't lose any of those tiny little parts.

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
You definitely need to do some work on your motor, that speed is WAY low, you should be able to hit 20MPH no problem tuned moderately well.
You didn't answer the most important questions, being:
WHAT TYPE OF CARB DO YOU HAVE???
People often say "I have the stock parts from a new kit" and think that conveys all of the info needed, not true, these motor kits are all similar but can be VERY different. Specially the carbs, the CNS is WAY DIFFERENT than the NT or Speed carb.
So please post back exactly what kit you bought, and what carb came with your kit and THEN maybe someone can help you with your problems...

From what you have said I can only make one comment, you said everything is new and stock, so air filter is clean etc. You also said you turned your carb upside down and fuel came out of it (I assume while working on it). These two statements do not jive, cause it is likely when the fuel came out of the carb it clogged up the air filter with oil residue. (unless the filter was pulled first).
At any rate, let us know what carb and kit and we will try and help you.....

kolomootro

May 24, 2011
ohio
check the throttle cable and the slide make shure slide is opening.

I have a feeling there is something you are overlooking.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
You have posted this problem six times in other areas. I've deleted your multiple/duplicate posts and sent you a private message about duplicating. You didn't respond but started another thread today with the same question. This thread will be locked or deleted if the problem persists. Do not rename and post the question again.
Tom

Last edited:

KDB

Jun 19, 2011
Maryland
Dear Super Moderator Person,
I have played janitor for some of the fugliest forums on the dark side of the internets so believe me when I say I respect what you guys do for this community.
That said, this poor hapless frack obviously does not know how to use a forum any more than he knows how to use a bike engine kit.
My guess is he couldn't retrieve a PM if his bike depended on it.
Merge the threads.
Post a warning in open forum (as you just did)
Post link to "How to not be a useless noob" sub-forum. (We do have one of those, don't we? If not I'll start one)
Remember: firm but gentle, you're in politics now.
Again, thanks for manning the mop around here.

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Oh gosh!

Some poor fellow needs help and doesn't know we really WILL help him best we can...

It's probably a dumb CNS doing what they do.

Hope he gets it resolved before getting too frustrated, and giving up on MABs.
They are, and this is the best place, to learn about motorized thingies.
rc

roozbeh

Feb 18, 2012
canada
Guys sorry I am very down syndrome'ish on this site sorry :D

The carb is an NT carb.
You are correct while my first time try to run the engine the carb was upside down and the gasoline poured down when I turned on the gas valve and this went on over a minute before I noticed it.
So now i have to clean air filter? and how?

ALSO this was my first week using the motor and still no luck...so do I have to wait like a month before the bengine is porperly tuned in?

thanks guys! sorry for multi post I thought it was not posting lol :'/

Alson333

Nov 9, 2011
Kankakee Illinois
Make sure the carb is right side up. You can check to see if the carb slide is working( going up and down) by taking the air filter off behind the carb, it has two screws. Once off have someone turn the throtel open and then closed(closed let off the throtel) my friend when he pulles the top housing off the carb then puts it back in he doesent put it back in right, theres a little tit ya got to line up with a long thin grove, any way if you dont have it lined up right the twist throtel wont twist right, it should turn left so far then let it go and it should turn back by itself

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Good effort Alson, but the post is almost a year old. From this guy's other posts, he has a history of asking a question, getting responses, and never posting when he finds the solution or what the problem really was.

Here are a couple of his other posts where he asked a question and never responded when he found a solution:

02-19-2012 http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=37171
02-23-2012 http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=37248
03-04-2012 http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=37454
07-03-2012 http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=40510 - responded that he found the solution but never said what it was???

Update:
Okay, that response sounded a little *****y. What I mean is that when you ask a question and get responses, if one of them solves your particular issue it is good to let us know. This is good since there will likely be others who come here with the same problem and if they search a find a whole bunch of posts about the same problem they are having with no solution, then the posts are not all that helpful.

As a noob who searched often, I really appreciated posts that were complete, many of which helped me on my builds.

Last edited: