sixthreezero Around The Block Men's 26 inch build

Discussion in 'Motorized Cruiser Bicycles' started by Thekasspell, Jan 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Thekasspell

Thekasspell New Member

Recently I have been looking at building a motorized bike, and stumbled across a frame I really like, the only thing is it is a 18 inch frame, but it looks like it would fit a 2 stroke engine.

Here is the Amazon link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0176FSSPU/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Does anyone have experiences in smaller frames like this? Does it appear like it would fit?

Thank you for any help, this will be my first build, along with my first post here.

#1 Thekasspell, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  2. ultralight01

ultralight01 New Member

It will fit it. the problem is brakes. It only has a coaster brake wheel. You need DISC brakes on the front wheel at least, in order to stop within 8 feet or so. anything besides disc brakes is horrible on a motorized bike.

If you go with this bike you'll need a new fork and wheels. I would look for a mountain bike with disc brakes on craigslist or online. Cruiser bikes are fine but they never come with disc brake compatible wheels.

3. Tyler6357

Tyler6357 Member

I agree, you want breaks on both the front and back wheels, coaster breaks are not designed to stop a motorized bicycle. Caliper "V" brakes are fine though, disc is better but not required. I have gone 1000s of miles with my V breaks and haven't even had to replace the pads once yet.

4. curtisfox

curtisfox Active Member

5. Thekasspell

Thekasspell New Member

I was planning on putting disc brakes on the front wheels and calipers on the back, ditching the whole coaster brake arm on the back as well.
    Why do you recommend a new fork and wheels? Would it be for a better set up for brakes/ allowing use of disc brakes, or does it appear the current ones would not last/break?

#5 Thekasspell, Jan 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  6. curtisfox

curtisfox Active Member

Don't really need them if you use caliper V brakes, it's just that mounting disk on regular wheels is hard to do. Unless they have the mounting for it. Getting a new fork would be up to you , just that they have suspension, and mounts for disk, if you get the right one. The fork you want should have a mount for caliper brake..........Curt

7. ultralight01

ultralight01 New Member

Normally walmart bikes don't have disc mounta, you need new wheels or hubs to add disc rotors. Some with the fork, but there are mounts for disc brake calipers that adapt to simple forks.

8. Kartooo

Kartooo Member