Sidecars?

GoldenMotor.com

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
More major Cuteness to come. I recon I should get my rear in gear. You used 6mm Luan to sheath and I expect for bottom planking. But chine logs and shear clamps? P.O.S. ? Sitka spruce?
Years ago, maybe 2006. Mona coveted a boat shaped, shelving thang. So I built one, proper stem, breast hook, chine logs, sheer clamps and ribs that supported the shelving. The first time I saw a cedar strip canoe, I was in love.
Tom

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Back at the sidecar. There was so many non bike things to do that I'd let slide along with the shady weather I couldn't keep up and do it all.Taking a break from that and working on the bikes.

The support arm is from the bike to the front of the sidecar frame is cut to size and tomorrow I need to figure out a way to attach it to the clamp on the frame. I'm going to stay on it until it's done.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Just have to paint the sidecar frame and put it together. Wet weather until next Saturday or so they say. Reality may be different.

Bought an adjustable seat height, sissy bar for the bike. Started out at $24 U.S. and when the shipping, taxes and dollar exchange happened it was $94 Canadian. Shipping was $52 U.S. dollars.

It doesn't always pay to be Canadian but it certainly always costs you to be.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I called the local bike shops and no one had them. No Canadian companies to be found that sold them on the net so I had no choice but to pay. The border's closed or I'd have had it sent to my post box in Blaine, Washington which is a 15 minute drive from the house. Companies accept the packages and usually charge $2 or $3 dollars to receive them and store them until you pick them up. Some of the companies will put them in a locker if you call them and ask, then you can go in at night and use the code they give you to open it up. Beats the border wait times.

Pete can't help unfortunately. Just the price we pay. U.S. citizens can bring $800 in at one time duty free. We are allowed $20. Lot's of promises that it would change and then they were elected and can't remember saying that. The Canadian Retailer group was running their lobbyists through the halls making sure it didn't happen.

B.O.H.I.C.A. Bend Over Here It Comes Again.

Steve.