Sidecars?

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Thank you, Rick. It was interesting revisiting the tread looking for photos. I reconnected with Photobucket for the first time since they pulled their cash grab by holding everyone's' photos hostage and you couldn't post them without paying their $399 fee for the right to do so.

Now it's about a $125 a year which I pay until I can get the photos retrieved and back on my album.

I plan to get it back on the road in the spring. It's been in the trailer since September of 2012. Health problems caused that but I'm trying to work around them. It will go from 36v to 52v/500W and share the battery from the Epic Electric tri car for the time being.

Here is another view of the side car I was going to add.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Except for a piece of mahogany for the bow to finish it off, the construction of the sidecar is about done. Nails have to set set into the wood and puttied over and everything sanded ready for stain. The photos show the strip across the rear deck along the stern is missing but that's finished now.

I hope to have this part done before Christmas so I can start on the frame afterwards. Typical winter here with lots of rain so I'm sure there won't be any riding done until Spring but I want it to be at her house so she has the option to ride as soon as possible.

The forum won't let me add photos to this. I'll ask the moderator if it's on this end or my computer.

Steve

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Steve, what did they think of the sidecar?? I bet they loved it !!
He had the biggest grin on his face. It was just what he wanted. Mom was worried that it would be to heavy for the little one to pedal until she lifted it up and could see how light it is. All in all it was a major success.

I'll start on the frame next week. I thought it might be better if I mentioned the electric assist after it was all together. Mom might be a little resistance to the kid having a powered bike. The kid has no fear at all.

Steve.

Last edited: