Shift Kit Question...?

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
My Mountain Bike is about 17-18 years old and has the one piece crank set up, I would like to put a shift kit set up on it but in all the pics I see of the shift kits have the three piece crank set ups.

My Question is: are these shift kits adaptable to work in a frame that was made for the one piece cranks?

Thanks in advance, Shan

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Yep, you'll need this for like $12: Bottom Bracket Adapter but everything else is included :)
Thanks Barelyawake, I will just call SBP, to make sure I get everything I need, the adapter link you gave me also said "Does NOT come with cup and bearing set. Bearing set or Cartridge bottom bracket assembly, sold separately, are required to fully convert a one piece BB.
So I want to be sure I get all the parts becuase I'm not for sure what all this stuff is being I have not messed with one of these shift kits.

Thanks for the help and if you have anymore info. please send it my way.
Shan

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Right - cause that link was fer jus' the adapter - the shiftkit itself comes with the cranks & cartridge. Some folks would want the adapter to jus' convert to a three piece w/o a shiftkit ;)