Second Build - The Shwinnman

GoldenMotor.com

oreilly907

Sep 16, 2008
I did my first bike a few months ago. A hybrid univega.

This is my next one. It was a service bike in a local aircraft factory.

Here it is after tear down and rebuild. It's a mix of Worksman and Schwinn. Fat spokes, I'm just waiting on the engine.

Thanks for looking. If you have any good ideas, let me know.

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Very nice Oreilly, nice work (^)

Firestone 500!! Coooool, my Dad was just telling my about his he had back in the 60's. He said he has a pic of it so when I have time I will dig through the family photos and see if I can find it.

oreilly907

Sep 16, 2008
Very nice Oreilly, nice work (^)

Firestone 500!! Coooool, my Dad was just telling my about his he had back in the 60's. He said he has a pic of it so when I have time I will dig through the family photos and see if I can find it.
That would be awsome. Maybe he could help me narrow down what year these are. The gentleman I bought one of them from said that he bought it new in '66 or '67. Here's that one.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
That is nice I really like it. Their are some sites that you can do a serial number search that will help you find the year of it.

I used to have links to them but my PC keeps crashing and I've lost everything. When I have time I'll try to find them again and post them.

oreilly907

Sep 16, 2008
That is nice I really like it. Their are some sites that you can do a serial number search that will help you find the year of it.

I used to have links to them but my PC keeps crashing and I've lost everything. When I have time I'll try to find them again and post them.
That would be very helpful, Thanks.