Rules for the Mid Range Class?

GoldenMotor.com

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Hey Neil,
The first race of 2018 will be here soon. Before I start dusting off the old lunker, what will be the rules for the mid range class & which motors will be allowed with what mods?

Reactions: ducedave

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
The first race is on Sat March 31st at Grange.
Midrange ~8 HP class is pretty much the same as last year.
50 cc air cooled is the maximum 2 stroke.
KTM 50cc clone is the most popular.

We do not want 66 / 69 cc China girl motors racing even if they are under 8 hp as they already have 3 exclusive classes. Expert, Novice and Beginner.

Hey Neil,
The first race of 2018 will be here soon. Before I start dusting off the old lunker, what will be the rules for the mid range class & which motors will be allowed with what mods?

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
Yeah, same motor. Not sure of the HP. Never found any info on what the kit adds to it. Started out stock at 49cc with 1.9hp. Who knows what it is now.

Probably not going to have any new mods since last race. Just tuned up better. I got it together thursday before the last race and ran it friday at practice for the first time, besides running it around the block a few times.

I'll run it in whatever class that it's competitive in. If it hangs with the 8hp midrange, I'm cool with that. Right now it's the rider, not the bike that's holding me back. I'm not used to going that fast. ;)

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
The first race is on Sat March 31st at Grange.
Midrange ~8 HP class is pretty much the same as last year.
50 cc air cooled is the maximum 2 stroke.
KTM 50cc clone is the most popular.

We do not want 66 / 69 cc China girl motors racing even if they are under 8 hp as they already have 3 exclusive classes. Expert, Novice and Beginner.
So no 212 4 strokes?

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
i hope i can keep my bike in running condition i really want to race i keep braking stuff and repairing with stronger parts

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
So no 212 4 strokes?
Gilbert #79 will be racing his ~ 8 hp 212.
He is the only one that has been approved to race a 212.
As one of the 17 members of the SMBR facebook group that makes race decisions you already know this and you are the only one that has an issue with the 17 member groups decision to allow 212s to race with limited modifications as decided there.

Sorry but you have been out voted and taking allowing 212's in Midrange to this public forum will not change that.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I choose to keep my mouth shut since I have no bikes to race, I wish you all a great time...I may show up as a spectator and support you guys
That makes two of us. Time to shrink wrap the bike and store it for good. I’d rather spend my time and efforts pit crewing my son’s jet ski races. It was pretty unfair at the last race so Good luck to all.