Right side clutch lever?

GoldenMotor.com

CycleRyder

Jun 23, 2017
I've been converting a 4 stroke build to a 2 stroke. My left dummy grip wont come off. Its one of those plastic chrome/rubber grips that cant simply get cut off & I wouldnt want to cut it anyway. I had them on there for a couple of months with the 4 stroke never realising I would ever have to get a clutch lever. The clutch lever I plan to getting is the thumb clutch engager with brake lever from Bicycle Engines so I can hook up a front brake to my cruiser. Since my dummy grip is basicaly stuck on there for good would the thumb ingager w brake lever work on the right side?

Last edited:

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
You can get the grip off by using an old spoke flattened like a screwdriver at one end, or maybe you have a small thin screwdriver. Use the tool to get between the grip and the handlebar and squirt in some rubbing alcohol. You could use a lubricant but it will contaminate the grip possibly never to recover. Using rubbing alcohol leaves you with nice and clean surfaces and no clean up needed.

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
You can also use air pressure if you can get a good seal on the opposite end. Make sure nobody is in the line of release. It may blow off quickly.

CycleRyder

Jun 23, 2017
I actually found a cluch lever that can be operated upside down or right side up so I can use it on the right or left & only costs $10. Think I'll try that & see how it feels mounted on the right side. When eventually I get a brake lever for a front brake setup I'll try sliding the brake lever all the way from the right side.