Right now I have been two Stroked by gasbikes.net

GoldenMotor.com

ride65

Jan 9, 2009
connecticut
Gasbike.net advertising says new needle bearings, steel lined cylinder, slant plug head. I get a motor with a straight plug head. So now I wonder is it a steel or an aluminum cylinder? Are the bearings upgraded? No slant plug head. I thought I payed for peace of mind, not so and their email does not work. Bummed

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Welcome to the Fray,

This is the most inexpensive fun you'll ever have! Don't worry about what you think you did or ddn't get in your kit, based on the advertising. There are no guarantees or peace of mind with these kits...read through this forum and do your prep work! Start the install and go run it. Time wasted on emails is just that; wasted time that you could have spent installing your kit. they're all the same to one extent or another.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm telling you "how it is".

If you fire it up and it sounds like a box full of rocks and falls apart, then certainy complain...until then follow the tips given here and I can almost guarantee "you" will have fun with the rest of us.

NO...You will not be installing it in 2-3 hours. Erase that bit of advertising from your memory banks.

Jim

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
But there is still nothing you can do about it besides install your kit and have fun with it. You will waste time and energy trying to do something about the "fraud". That time would be much better spent riding your motor bike.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
You chose to buy at the lowest price point! What did you expect?

Again: I'm not trying to be a jerk...but...you will need to have some experience before you can claim that you didn't get what you paid for.

I bought a kit from BGF, I knew it was going to have inferior parts and no recourse...I bought it for the low price so I could have an engine to experiment with. Some of the parts were junk, but I completely feel like I got my money's worth! It was cheap...I got what I paid for.

I've talked to several people who are veteran MB's that bought a kit from gasbike and they all agree that although the quality isn't all there...it is a usable kit that is well worth the low price.

I'm not advertising for them, and I probably won't use them for my builds, but I'm sure you got what you paid for. Fraud is a silly word to use here...It can all be misconstrued as FRAUD, 80cc engines that are really 70cc, install claims of 2-3 hours, universal fit...etc. They're all basically the same, and fun. Just leave it at that!

Jim

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I highly doubt the claims of a steel lined cylinder- it would be the first one know to exist on these type of engines.

I invited that guy to come visit out forum, but he took a month to respond, and the e-mail he used was a non-returnable address.

You may leave a review in that part of this site, to let others know of your (negative) experience with this particular seller.

These engines are all pretty much the same- cheap, inconsistant, poor quality control, and iffy at best.

But ain't we got fun?

Fo'sho'!!!!

L.V. Pat

Jun 8, 2011
Las Vegas NV
Gas Bike got me to placed an order and when i recived it a part was wrong i have sent e-mail made phone calls and still nothing. Thay say someone will contect me but nothing. I will not be buying anymore from them.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Then don't buy from them.

Once was enough for me.

Really, give up on this China stuff, get something better.

Go Japanese - :)

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
They told you "steel" lined cylinders, eh? And "upgraded" needle bearings (I think that means they added some grease). I know it sounds cruel to tell you this, but you bought a cheap engine. You received a cheap engine. If it was all you could afford, and it actually runs, no worries. Caveat emptor. At least it should be capable of moving your bike forward down the street. If not, we can help with that.

From all I've heard, I don't feel the need to order from Gasbike. I got my cheapo 2-smoker from Dax. It runs well. (Tell ya what, set aside a few more bucks, we'll tell you where to get a REAL engine that you'll like a lot.)

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
The very first time I ordered from gasbike, which was also my very first kit, I received a broken petcock that leaked. I called them and they would not replace it. I should have learned my lesson, but nope. I bought from them two more times, and the last time I got screwed good. Gasbike are nothing but a bunch of crooks that take people's money and send whatever they feel like sending. Its true that you get what you pay for as far as quality. But when you pay for one thing and get another, that's a different story. And for a dealer to come on here and say oh well, you get what you pay for, who cares, that's just terrible. Jim, you and gasbike should partner up. It sounds to me like you are on their level. I will never buy any of your parts, not even used.

gobigkahuna

Apr 25, 2011
E NC
There are laws that protect consumers in this country. If what you ordered was "new" but what you received was "used", that's illegal. If you paid for it with your credit card, contact them and they will instruct you how to return it and they will file a claim for you to get your charge refunded. If you received it via the US Mail, contact the Inspector General at USPS.gov. File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Write a letter to the State Attorney General's Office. You -do- have recourse. These organizations can and do take action to protect consumers like you and me. This has absolutely nothing to do with "you get what you paid for". Nobody ever expects to pay money and get something that isn't what they ordered.

As for continuing to allow an advertiser to remain on your website even though you're fully aware of the issues your members have had with that company, shame on you. Like it or not, your media outlet's reputation is tied to that of your advertisers.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
But when you pay for one thing and get another, that's a different story. And for a dealer to come on here and say oh well, you get what you pay for, who cares, that's just terrible. Jim, you and gasbike should partner up. It sounds to me like you are on their level. I will never buy any of your parts, not even used.
01-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Creative Engineering
Dealer
Hey bigbutterbean
Jim posted about Gasbike in 2009!!!! Look at the date.
This is an old post that got dredged up.

Gasbike was a much smaller seller of the motor kits in 2009
and did not have the reputation of ripping people off back then.

I am sure that Jim at Creative Engineering would not say the
same thing currently as gasbikes reputation has gotten worse
over the two years since Jim made that post.

Get it? You gotta pay attention. Were you even into mb's in
2009? I have been into it since 2008 and Jim goes back much
further than that.

Last edited:

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
So they have a over TWO year track record of bad customer service and the ads STILL continue? I'm guessing they pay their bill here on time :/

There's another place to go for relief and that's the Federal Trade Commission. Enough complaints and they can drop on them like a ton of...The FTC has fined companies millions for false and misleading statements much less out-and-out fraud.

Spooky Tooth products are lost to us due to the sale to GasBike/Kings. I hope Roland is enjoying his vacation.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Spooky Tooth products are lost to us due to the sale to GasBike/Kings. I hope Roland is enjoying his vacation.
Spooky Tooth was bought by BikeBerry.com

BikeBerry.com has nothing to do with GasBike/Kings except
that they buy wholesale Grubee SkyHawk kits from them.

A lot of sellers have bad info in their motor kit adds.
BikeBerry.com is still claiming that Starfires have a steel lined
cylinder even though they have been told to correct it.

Last edited: