Review of Bikeberry

GoldenMotor.com

plugpopper

Jul 23, 2016
Pennsylvania
Review of Bikeberry and Bicycle motor works☺☺

So here is my experience with this horrible company. I ordered a part from them thinking I would need it for my first build after watching some of their videos, which I don't recommend doing, and waited patiently while 6 other orders I placed on the same day all got delivered to my home within a couple days of each other, all from different vendors. So after another 3 days goes by, so we are at 8 days after ordering, I figure its time to contact them since they never contacted me once to give order status. They get back to me by email and say their orders are in customs having a holdup and it could take another week to ship. So I sent another email within 15 minutes of theirs and said just cancel it and refund me . Next morning I wake to a shipping notification, wow customs really cleared that up quick huh? But what about my cancellation? Oh, they didn't get it even though it wad attached to the original reply. So now we're at 2 lies from this company. I tell them I needed the part a week ago now and it should have been cancelled. So now they tell me I can ship it back, on my dime, oh, and pay a 10% restocking fee. So I got dicked around for over a week when my item should have been shipped, lied to multiple times, got an item that should have been cancelled after almost 2 weeks at this point, and now Gotta pay out of pocket not just for shipping but for restocking too?I have been shopping online for over 20 years, made hundreds of purchases, and have never been more furious as to how these people treat their customers which without id's they wouldn't have a business. Sure, I've been scammed and gotten wrong items or shipped very late but this one just got to me how they could lie and then tell me to pay them to return an item that they knew should have been cancelled due to their horrible service. So just a warning, DO NOT BUY FROM THESE HORRIBLE PEOPLE.

Last edited:

ragdolldude

May 6, 2016
Mira Loma, CA
I actually dealt with this company on an ebay item. They had a listing for "led grow lights" reduced from around $300 to $100, 10 items in stock. I placed an order for six of these units. Then I get an ebay message from them saying they "made a mistake" on the listing. I got the guys phone number and called him, saying he placed the listing and by rights he should sell at that price. He finally agreed to sell me 2 of these lights for the listed price. I was driving by their place of business, so I told him I'd be there to pick up the two lights in a couple of hours. I picked up the lights, and went to my dad's house. I tried the lights to made sure they worked, and one had a defective "plug retainer" that held the plug in place. I took it back to their store and told them about the issue. I showed them the problem, and they took it in the back room. They brought out another, and I made them plug it in to see if it worked properly. Then as I'm leaving I'm told, "BTW there is NO WARRANTY on the lights because you paid so little for them. WTF, I just left and told myself I'd never buy anything from them again.

plugpopper

Jul 23, 2016
Pennsylvania
Re: Review of Bikeberryand Bicycle Motor Works☺☺☺

I'm just getting into bike building it seems these guys are the company that lures the first time buyers like myself in and totally rips them off. I was honestly most worried about another vendor, Bicycle motor works, just cause I ordered cuz they are only an hours drive from me and it turned out the part was shipped from Nevada because he was out of stock but Matt and Bicycle Motor Works turned out to be the most awesome company and person I have dealt with. Customer service is top notch as I always got a reply within hours and I still got the engine in a couple days all the way from NV to PA. He helped out with questions and trouble shooting and even sent me some goodies and extras for free. customer service goes a LONG way these days especially when buying online. Sorry for rambling but I think these reviews should be a big part of the forum so others know who deserves the business and treats their customers right. Bikeberry will never get mine or any of my friends business again. Bicycle Motor works definitely is my top guy right now, he loves the hobby and knows what he's talking about , has some great product, and their customer service is top notch.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I actually dealt with this company on an ebay item. They had a listing for "led grow lights" reduced from around $300 to $100, 10 items in stock. I placed an order for six of these units. Then I get an ebay message from them saying they "made a mistake" on the listing. I got the guys phone number and called him, saying he placed the listing and by rights he should sell at that price. He finally agreed to sell me 2 of these lights for the listed price. I was driving by their place of business, so I told him I'd be there to pick up the two lights in a couple of hours. I picked up the lights, and went to my dad's house. I tried the lights to made sure they worked, and one had a defective "plug retainer" that held the plug in place. I took it back to their store and told them about the issue. I showed them the problem, and they took it in the back room. They brought out another, and I made them plug it in to see if it worked properly. Then as I'm leaving I'm told, "BTW there is NO WARRANTY on the lights because you paid so little for them. WTF, I just left and told myself I'd never buy anything from them again.
Hello ragdolldude,

I spoke to Bikeberry.com, I was told they or it's affiliates do not sell or have ever sold anything on Ebay. I believe you have them confused with someone else.

BikeBerry.com

Dealer
Nov 7, 2008
California
www.bikeberry.com
Plugpopper,

This is Jack, managing partner at Bikeberry. I'm really sorry to hear that you've had this experience with bikeberry.com. At Bikeberry, we understand the importance of the customer experience, which includes customer support, order fulfillment and timely delivery of your order. We try out best to make sure every orders goes smoothly, but clearly we fell short on this commit to you as a customer. For that, I personally apologize.

If you'll allow me, I'd like to address your concerns and remedy the issue with a solution and hopefully win you back as a customer. As I don't have your exact order number, I'm not able to see exactly what happened, however, I am aware of a number of orders that were recently delayed due to customs inspections and port congestion. This is usually pretty rare as if an item is out of stock, we do not offer the option to purchase it for backorder (unless is explicitly specified as a preorder). If you had left us with an email address at time of order, you should have received an email within the same day or next day of ordering. Our customer service folks and warehouse fulfillment folks are two separate teams. and although they work together, they are in separate departments and often times miss messages going back and forth from each team. Our warehouse fulfillment team places a very high priority on backordered orders and it is very possible that as soon as the shipment came it, your order was shipped with the same day. It may have been pure coincidence that this happened to occur immediately after your requested to cancel the order. As cancellation are generally urgent matters (because the order may ship before it canceled), we always recommend cancellations be made by phone. This allows the customer service rep to cancel the order on the spot and if needed, run over to the warehouse team to pull the order if it's already been shipped.

In any case, I apologize that this happened to you and do want to make things right. If you can PM me your order number or name on the order and I'll be happy to send you a prepaid return shipping label and issue you a full refund including any applicable shipping costs.

Thanks again for the opportunity to make it right.

ragdolldude

May 6, 2016
Mira Loma, CA
This store was in La Habra area of southern CA. I recall the store correctly , as it was the very first place I saw the name bikeberry.com with several large posters with motor driven bikes displayed on them. I do not know if was "an affililate" or the real deal, but they had a lot of bike stuff there, and several posters that were 3x3 feet or larger.

plugpopper

Jul 23, 2016
Pennsylvania
just an update. Bikeberry never got back to me AGAIN after posting above for me to PM them and they would send me a prepaid shipping label and refund me. I guess they were trying to look professional but fell short of delivering again. I make sure to tell anybody I know that's getting into the hobby to avoid them.