resistance when pedaling

GoldenMotor.com

Waleed_abd0

Aug 17, 2020
I don't know if its normal but when i spin my back wheel it stops very quickly as if i am pressing the brakes. when i remove the chain from the sprocket and i spin the back wheel it spins for around 10 seconds before stopping, at the same time pedaling is a breeze without the engines chain on the sprocket i doubt this is being caused by the tensioner but it makes a loud sound when i pedal.

Waleed.

Reactions: Davideo

bonefish

May 7, 2018
If you have a 68/80cc china girl kit, it is normal to have this resistance while pedaling your bike. They market the engine kits like if you run out of gas, you can always just pedal it, but you really can't. It is too much of a beast of burden. When ever your ready to step up from that china girl, consider a friction drive. You can always just pull up the roller with ease and pedal it like a normal bike.

Waleed_abd0

Aug 17, 2020
I appreciate the quick reply. I will have to look into the friction drive kit in the future.

thank you

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Another option if you run out of gas is to simply remove the master link from the engine chain (& wrap the chain over the engine) to make pedaling easier. ;)

Also... as the engine (& chain) break in, it will start to get a lot easier to pedal with the chain on.

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Waleed_abd0

Aug 17, 2020
I always keep a tool kit with me in case I need to remove the master link, the only issue I have now is the loud noise of the tensioner when pedalling I've heard spring loaded chain tensioners reduce the noise but is it a significant reduction?

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
When the tensioner is noisey the chain usually is not running straight between the sides and is rubbing one side or the other, I've had to twist or bend the tensioner to align the chain.

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Davideo

Feb 25, 2020
I don't know if its normal but when i spin my back wheel it stops very quickly as if i am pressing the brakes. when i remove the chain from the sprocket and i spin the back wheel it spins for around 10 seconds before stopping, at the same time pedaling is a breeze without the engines chain on the sprocket i doubt this is being caused by the tensioner but it makes a loud sound when i pedal.

Waleed.
Waleed_abd0
Sounds like your chain sprockets are misaligned some. Chain drag is always a problem and if you get and install the
HybriPed Hybrid Pedal Sprocket
you can eliminate it when ever you want. If you watch this video of my bike you will see the Hybrid sprocket in action.

Waleed_abd0

Aug 17, 2020
Waleed_abd0
Sounds like your chain sprockets are misaligned some. Chain drag is always a problem and if you get and install the
HybriPed Hybrid Pedal Sprocket
you can eliminate it when ever you want. If you watch this video of my bike you will see the Hybrid sprocket in action.
Thanks!! That sound like something Im going to do I appreciate the help

Reactions: Davideo