Rear Sprocket Mount

Discussion in 'Hubs, Gearboxes, Sprockets and Chains' started by themotorbike, May 16, 2011.

1. themotorbike

themotorbike New Member

hi, ive had my original 2-stroke bikeberry kit on my dad's old mountain bike for about 2 years now and everything is working great still. Although i will need to buy a THIRD rear wheel because the torque rips the spokes apart and a few have snapped already.
    I really dont want to be buying a new wheel every year. SOO, i was wondering if anybody knows a good way to mount the rear sprocket to the wheel without use of the spokes. IE; welding or some sort of bearing.
    PLZ HELP :-||

2. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

There are members here with literally thousands of miles on the kit supplied rag joint. Installed and maintained properly there should be no reason that you're having the problems you're describing. You need to start with a true wheel with properly adjusted/tightened spokes. Aside from that, unless the sprocket bolts are loosening you shouldn't be having those problems.
    There are a couple of vendors here offering an aluminum sprocket adapter that takes the place of the rag joint and those who use them swear by them.
    Check out Pirate Cycles and another member, Sportscarpat, who both offer the adapter that might be the answer to your problem.
    Tom

3. Venice Motor Bikes

Venice Motor Bikes Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

Starting off with a wheel with 12 gage spokes will solve the 'broken spokes' problem. ;)

4. The 26incher

The 26incher New Member

What Norm said...