Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Just getting a feel from this vocal crowd. With the jackshaft bolt on sprocket elimination kit (JBOSEK), Would you like a printed paper tree killer manual or a CD .pdf (which could print if you like).

Trying to do a poll.

CD:
Paper:
Other (specify):

Thanks!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I prefer pdf here. Only printed if you need for the whole tree hugging thing and keeps prices down. Easily updated and can use as many illustrations and pictures as needed.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
I like .pdf too. I have to many discs laying around now and I never read paper manuals. Well unless I've torn it up..................:D

starrunner

May 12, 2008
vintageboatplans.com
Just getting a feel from this vocal crowd. With the jackshaft bolt on sprocket elimination kit (JBOSEK), Would you like a printed paper tree killer manual or a CD .pdf (which could print if you like).

Trying to do a poll.

CD:
Paper:
Other (specify):

Thanks!
I'd just put the manual or instructions online in regular html with pics and text. That way, updates or corrections are super simple and the site's always there. With paper, once it's printed, that's it. PDF format would be pointless. It would require the user download Adobe Reader and opens up a whole new world of problems if they are unfamiliar with pdf, even though it's the most widely used document format in the world. Same with a CD. You'll get a steady stream of "the disc won't work!" or "how do I run the disc" complaints or it gets scratched or smudged. One last thing. If I put the manual online, I'd be sure to put BIG pics. I was just viewing dax's Titan installation and once again, it's mostly thumbnails on the critical steps. All you see is one big clusterflop of parts and have to really focus hard to pick out the part in question or a washer or nut or bolt placement or the torsion strap. And there are no arrows pointing to the part or anything. These things are super simple to correct and if you do it right the first time, you'll really cut down on email inquiries. A picture is worth a thousand words, at least if the picture is big enough.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Wow - awesome information and input.

Seems like everyone we will sell to will have on-line access. In some rare case they don't, then hey we'll send paper or CD.

Yes we have detail and and lots of pictures.

Tj Bunch

Jun 18, 2008
Pablo I marked CD but dowload is even better, Also if I felt the need for CD i Could specify and pay like $2-5 Dollars extra for you to toss one in. Paper would not even bother.

Just my Opinion.