Plastic Head

GoldenMotor.com

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Yeah, maybe not that practical, and certainly not made to last. But I think it made up for it, at least a little, by being an awesome way to actually see an engine doing what it does. Intellectually knowing how it works is one thing, but actually seeing it happen gives you a memory to go with the concept. That's a cool thing.

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
There's tuning info hidden in that video, I just know it. And I reckon some kinda glass would work just fine, some kinda boron silicate-Pyrex type glass, Its a sharp blow that shatters glass, energy concentrated on a single impact point, not pressure.

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
I wonder just how long it ran before that plug finally popped? Seemed like dude was trying to produce a failure... Not that it wouldn't have failed anyway, just saying... I've seen plenty of transparent cases and side plates on Harleys and even a few rice rockets. Which has me thinking about my ChinaGirl now...

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
I can't remember which star trek movie it was but they had a formula for transparent aluminium. The one where they saved the whales.
Yes...that scene where Scotty gives the inventor of transparent-Aluminum its formula. " :) Hello computer! :) " .

That scene always bugged me, not because of the tired old time-loop twist, but that Scotty, who'd never had much of a need for a keyboard before, and didn't even know what a mouse was, was able to navigate an ancient materials-science development-environment he knew nothing about WITHOUT the need for a mouse and using only the keyboard at lightning speed. I could believe the time-travel...but THAT? NO WAY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaVgRj2e5_s