Piston stuck at TDC

GoldenMotor.com

lilchunkyboy

May 12, 2021
I broke my piston rings the other day, and the news arrived just this morning. I put them on correctly, slid on the cylinder, the piston gets stuck at tdc. it’s so weird, if i loosen the top head bolts, it works fine, as soon as I add compression it just gets stuck. When it gets stuck if I keep trying to move it it won’t go at all, if I roll the bike back and push it with some momentum, it the piston moves up and down really quickly. But still with a clinging noise.

I have a 2 stroke 80cc engine.

lilchunkyboy

May 12, 2021
Add a second head gasket
I bought gaskets along with a high compression, head, a new cylinder,and studs. I stripped the studs because I had to take the head off and on 505,403 times
It was my birthday so I asked my mum, to buy some stuff for the motorbike online

venice motor bikes, do you think with all that new stuff installed it will be like the good old days and have compression and not hit the head. ??

lilchunkyboy

May 12, 2021
I bought gaskets along with a high compression, head, a new cylinder,and studs. I stripped the studs because I had to take the head off and on 505,403 times
It was my birthday so I asked my mum, to buy some stuff for the motorbike online

venice motor bikes, do you think with all that new stuff installed it will be like the good old days and have compression and not hit the head. ??

lilchunkyboy

May 12, 2021
Idk why, when I added head gaskets it didn’t do anything, base gaskets were really hard to make but they worked, I got proper gaskets and other things coming in the mail.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
It's very important to always torque the head bolts with a torque wrench!!! (12 ft/lbs)
If you over torque the head bolts, you'll do bad things like strip the head bolts & warp the head (causing loss of compression) :(