performance custom built engines.

GoldenMotor.com

jude

Feb 16, 2009
australia,nsw
rocksolid engines Australia custom build your engine to your needs , i think its the china girl with all the race and performance mods , check them out they are tops. from porcilan coated piston , alloy billet parts , jetted to your hieght in altitude and dyno tested and records forwarded to you, thanks for reading.dnutdnutdnut since i placed this post i have purchased an engine from ROCKSOLIDENGINES its the 70cc HP engine , they supply run in engine oil and advise on future engine oil , penrite fully synthetic , or opti full synth two stroke , there is no comparison between standard kits & ROCKSOLID , MY FULL SUSPENSION ROCKY MOUNTAIN BIKE IS HITTING 75kms/ per hour , i have the shiftkit on it so it climbs the steepest of fire trails , GO ROCKSOLID , highly recommended , video of new engine on youtube this weekend under , juderoberts1of , hope you all like it.

Last edited:

skipu

Aug 6, 2008
New jersey
.wee.cool more manufacturers theyre should be a new products thread on the forum wher guys like this can display the new products and we can find them quick instead of the hunting i bet it would do good for all of these guys and ive milled a few things myself for my rides.wee.

EnFlaMEd

Aug 25, 2009
South Australia
A sponsors forum area would be a good idea like what is in place on many car forums. Basically each sponsor has there own area where they can create threads about their products.

impression

Feb 26, 2009
Syadney,Australia
Rock Solid made me one very nice engine, replaced all bolts with black allen headed ones, replaced the magneto and the head bolts, also got the Pentworth Cylinder Head. the engine has so much power down low and gets max torque @ mid rpm so with the shift kit i get enough power to go up hills and not have the engine screaming @ high rpm or bogging out at a too low rpm.

as soon as you look at these engines from rock solid next to any other china girl immedately you can tell its a big step up in quality.

Brains

Jul 21, 2008
Adelaide Australia
Thanks Impression for the kind words, we try our very best in what we do, we will be releasing a whole heap of new parts soon to the market, so keep a close eye on our web towards December

Cheers

Brains

wog383

Oct 11, 2009
Australia
I got one of their engines too..Billet heads, exhaust ported, dellorto carb, 8.5mm msd leads, billet intake manifold...The screws are all allen head which looks way better..Plus it has heaps of poke...Cyclist on their expensive road bikes can't keep up for long..lol

AussieSteve

Nov 26, 2009
Nowra, NSW, Australia
Bought a RSE billet head for my 66cc HT the other day. Compression now 135psi. Also drilled 2 x 3.5mm holes in stinger/tail-pipe inside muffler to improve breathing , changed fuel to 98 Octane, (no pinging here), leaner #76 main jet (so far) - major improvement - 6kph lower comfortable 'slow' speed, more pull through mid-range, and an extra 8kph top speed. (Previously 36kph max, 44kph today.)
Far better than shaving my stock head or buying a slant head.
I recommend Tony's gear highly.
... Steve

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
dyno tested? how much hp at what rpm? i would love to see what the curve looks like. what kind of pipes are you guys running? no kilowatts or joules or furlongs please.

AussieSteve

Nov 26, 2009
Nowra, NSW, Australia
How much did you pay for the billet head and exactly how is it better than the $12 slant?
Hello xlite,
The billet aluminium head was $95AU, ($85US.) It has far higher compression than the slant head, a better combustion chamber for more even burning, thicker fins and more 'body' for better cooling. Also better machining at the head seating surface. The compression ratio is claimed to be 16:1. I measured the compression a couple of days ago at 135psi.
I've attached a pic of the top view of the head. Sorry, I didn't think to take a pic of the underside.
Check out:-
Bicycle Engine Kits - Rock Solid Engines

... Steve

Attachments

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
The billet aluminium head was $95AU, ($85US.) It has far higher compression than the slant head, a better combustion chamber for more even burning, thicker fins and more 'body' for better cooling. Also better machining at the head seating surface. The compression ratio is claimed to be 16:1. I measured the compression a couple of days ago at 135psi.
Thanks for the info. However I doubt the compression ratio is any higher than that obtained with the slant. The rear tire skids on half the ones I built and forced to put another gasket on. The other stuff may be worthwhile for those sparing no expense getting last couple percent of performance. I suspect it's more of a showroom/status issue. These bikes are less of a hobby for me and more main transportation so personally not attractive ATM.

AussieSteve

Nov 26, 2009
Nowra, NSW, Australia
Thanks for the info. However I doubt the compression ratio is any higher than that obtained with the slant. The rear tire skids on half the ones I built and forced to put another gasket on. The other stuff may be worthwhile for those sparing no expense getting last couple percent of performance. I suspect it's more of a showroom/status issue. These bikes are less of a hobby for me and more main transportation so personally not attractive ATM.
The CR is higher. RSE sell both. When I mentioned to Tony that I have emphysema and might have trouble starting with the billet head, he recommended the slant head because of it's lower compression. Still, I went ahead and bought the billet head and I'm glad that I did.
You're right about the skidding, but that's only if you don't follow through and keep pedalling hard after you dump the clutch.
Still, $95AU is a big bite, unless you really want to get that extra couple of percent.. (Mine is both transportation and hobby.)
... Steve

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
The CR is higher.
You seem to be missing my point Steve. The slant head is capable of TOO MUCH compression just as the billet probably is. When the back wheel skids and bike is impossible to start w/o 300 lb rider it's time to back off. Slant or billet, too much of a good thing....

Other features may be an advantage but IMO compression per se is not.

AussieSteve

Nov 26, 2009
Nowra, NSW, Australia
Quote:
(Originally Posted by AussieSteve)
"The CR is higher."

You seem to be missing my point Steve. The slant head is capable of TOO MUCH compression just as the billet probably is. When the back wheel skids and bike is impossible to start w/o 300 lb rider it's time to back off. Slant or billet, too much of a good thing....
Other features may be an advantage but IMO compression per se is not.
No. Not missing the point. You're quite right. If you can't start it, there's no point in having it. Can't argue with that logic.
You did say:
However I doubt the compression ratio is any higher than that obtained with the slant.
I just wanted to clear that up. It is higher. (For the benefit of others.)

Now, in my case, I can start mine OK if I pedal hard for 2-3 seconds.
I have a good hill right from my driveway, with a high traction sealed surface. That helps. Still, if I don't pedal hard, the wheel locks. I do know what you're talking about.
I only weigh 50 kg, (110 lbs). I fully expected that I'd get the billet head and not be able to start it. I expected to possibly be selling it cheap this week. Not the case.

...Steve

EnFlaMEd

Aug 25, 2009
South Australia
Is that a stock CDI unit or one of RSE's HP types?
... Steve

It is one of the RSE HP types.

Maybe you guys should think about getting a jack shaft kit down the track if your having issues starting your bikes. As you know with the jack shaft kits you HAVE to pedal start. Mine was definately harder to start after getting the head but no where near enough to put me off. I can still easily pedal start it while seated so long as I have a little bit of momentum first.