Pedal/Electric/Gas Beach Cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

Davideo

Feb 25, 2020
Would love to know more about the controller setup that allows you to use the front hub motor as a generator. One day I want to use a Staton Inc hybrid gearbox to do a build.

View attachment 105605
Jerry I love your idea of building a set-up around the hybrid gearbox.You have to choose the right controller to do REGEN when running on gas power and a direct drive Hub motor. I had it for a while until I tried controlling speed of two systems with the same twist grip throttle, I managed to burn out the 1.5 to 5 volt circuit of my expensive REGEN capable controller.

Last edited:

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Jerry I love your idea of building a set-up around the hybrid gearbox.You have to choose the right controller to do REGEN when running on gas power and a direct drive Hub motor. I had it for a while until I tried controlling speed of two systems with the same twist grip throttle, I managed to burn out the 1.5 to 5 volt circuit of my expensive REGEN capable controller.
The beauty of the SI hybrid gear box is for the electric motor to provide assist to the gas engine. So two throttle controls would work very well in that situation.

Reactions: fasteddy