Old Guys Simplex moto-peddle bike

GoldenMotor.com

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Hi guys time flies and it's been a minute.

We've had some great weather and I've ridden a lot and worked on a lot of home projects. I mentioned one in a post somewhere, tankless water heater, that proved a nice task. I'm not a good hand at plumbing, but I muddled on with some care and the aid of YouTube advice and the results were huge savings and a nice supply of hot water delivered to the entire house. That success led me to other repair/home improvement and several weeks later I'm still at it.

Snow day tomorrow, no big deal, and then fair sailing for the foreseeable foecasts?

Hope to get back at bike projects soon.

Rick C.

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
Yeah Rick, The old eBay video 'Consultancy' is a useful resource for saving folks money and proving what's possible without resorting to getting a man in. Saved myself a bunch on projects as diverse as washing machines and car repairs.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Hi Pete, ice all around us but only had a light glaze one morning here. I read in the Sun that you guys were expecting some nasty weather as well?

So far this Winter has spared us in my area of Indian Territory.

Rick C.

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
Ah well, Rick, if you read it in the Sun it must be true...! :) Seriously though, I've been seeing online predictions of 'Beast from the East' severe snow hitting us from the North West for about a month now. Yet to see any evidence. The BBC weatherman online today was saying we might see heavy snow nearer the end of Feb or perhaps into early March. Ha! Would anyone believe ANY forecast that looked that far ahead ?

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Pete our Sun equivalent is the New York Post and I read both for comic relief. Tragedy and the lurid played up to the max. One current headline 'Brazilian doctor leaves scissors inside a patient during surgery" so weather forecasts that far out seem worth an award of some sort even if wrong. It might or could have been spot on if.....

For me they are worth a read, but I suspend any belief.

Rick C.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Once again Mpls. is getting it, we have a little rain now and a little snow to come, but not much. Everything this winter has come up close to us and even hit us some, but all goes east and up towards the arrowhead, or more east., Just last week we had -20, now +35, I no complain, as quit milled compared to years ago............Curt

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Hi Tom, we thankfully were not a part of that storm. The previous storm, about a week earlier, was a near miss but still a miss....actually the weather has been nice, but these brief, violent events are life changers that pop down and are over in minutes at specific points, but long track often for hundreds of miles. Some are localized and don't hold together. All are potentially deadly.

Thanks for thinking of us.

Are you having smoke related issues from the Canada fires?

Rick C.