Old Fart - New Hobby

GoldenMotor.com

Do-Rag

Jun 18, 2019
Hello everyone just built my first motorized bike kit and can't stay off the damn thing it's a blast. Not super impressed with the quality, machining or hardware but this little two stroke is starting to surprise me more and more after break-in. I got the stage 3 kit from BBR looks like the goodies ship out later but I went ahead and installed the stock engine. The high comp head, CDI and carb are do for delivery today. The rag mount sprocket is enough to make a man fall off the wagon but I finally got it trued I see a hub mount in the very near future. Ran a gallon of gas out with 8 ounces of oil getting ready to cut that in half now for a 32 to 1 mix. The needle came with the clip set at the second notch down and I have moved it up to the top now she is really scooting and the low speed chugging is gone didn't mess with jet size. I'm hoping it's not too lean any pointers in this area would be greatly appreciated. Also want to reach out to fellow riders in the Cookeville, Sparta, Crossville or Nashville Tn area's looks like a great forum glad I found this place.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Welcome to the forum Do Rag,
There a fair number of Old Farts here. Myself included.
I'm not a 2-Smokes kind a guy, 4-Strokers for me.
But there some very experienced 2 cycle guys here.
Have fun and stay safe. Old Farts don't bounce.
Tom

Reactions: Do-Rag and fasteddy

Do-Rag

Jun 18, 2019
Thank you both Allen and Tom. Tom I might want to pick your brain sometime about the 4 strokes not sure how to message on here yet but stay in touch TY guys.....Chad

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Looks like a PayPal pass the hat is in order Greg. I didn't check their toll. This smacks of the photoshop deal. I guess I can not blame them for getting paid for their work.
Tom

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Chad private messaging is very easy, click on the user name of the person you want to pm and click the start a conversation tab.

Reactions: Do-Rag